PDA

View Full Version : Is it smart to

Ride400exj
07-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Is it smart to ride on a track with out nerf bars and a kill switch?

250rmike
07-17-2002, 09:02 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!

07-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Are you talki about racing or just ridin.

I mean if you are raCING I WOULD SUGGEST IT BUT IF YOU JUST RIDIN(NOt HARD) you should be fine

Ride400exj
07-18-2002, 07:50 AM
I would be racing but i am going to put the money into the tires and rims or nerf bars and a kill switch. i have done big dubbles 45+ feet but never sliped but theres a big chance i could so you think i should go with the nerfs and kill switch. ok thanks for the help any other things i sould go with for racing? also i am got a set of rims lol and no tires lol so i am kinda screwed but i will just wait for tires. thanks for the help

07-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Most tracks require a kill switch to race,,,you don't wanna pay the entry fee and then get to the gate only to be turned away because you don't meet the tracks requirements. On the nerf bars question,,there not there just to keep your feet on the pegs,,you'll regret not having them when somebodies front wheels get in there by your feet. Have you ever seen what happens when a front wheel spinning in one directions hits another wheel spinning in the opposite direction...it's not a pretty site and I promise you somebodies coming off a quad and the quad's gonna be doin flips, jumps, karwheels you name it. Also if your foot does slip off the peg and gets caught under the rear wheel while landing a jump...kiss your ankle and your racing good bye for a couple months...so no those parts are not a must,,but most intellegent riders use them for there own safety and the safety of others.

Ride400exj
07-18-2002, 03:31 PM
OK thanks for the info i needed to show my dad that i need those things to race he says well no you dont and i said yeah i do so thanks for the help

Nausty
07-18-2002, 06:47 PM
yes you do need those things to race... I use to say the same things about nerfs... "I don't need no stinkin nerfs" well i was wrong and ended up not being able to walk for a few days other than hopping on one foot.

87Warrior
07-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Have you ever seen what happens when a front wheel spinning in one directions hits another wheel spinning in the opposite direction...it's not a pretty site and I promise you somebodies coming off a quad and the quad's gonna be doin flips, jumps, karwheels you name it.

i experienced this firsthand

in my little pit there are 2 paths that go near the highway, one with woops and one with ruts.
my friend was in the ruts with his 95 300 and i was on the woops with my warrior
the 2 trails merged and neither of us slowed down(i didn't see him) ok i saw him out of the corner of my eye but i thought he was stopping b/c i lost him, but at the last second i think he gunned it and he got ahead of me my front tire got just infront of his back and i blacked out

i slamed on the brakes b/c his quad was directly infront of me rolling sideways(it swerved left and then cartwheeled) whereas my friend was to my right rolling all over
the quad rolled for about 35 feet and my friend rolled of like 20 (helmets came in handy here, not for me, my handle bars jabbed me when my tire hit his)
luckily his quad did most of it's rolling in the air
he was ok, he just got f***ed up bad he felt that in the morning