PDA

View Full Version : how to easily wash off mud adn dirt??

440_Turtle
02-22-2006, 08:52 AM
ive heard you can spreay you frame and plastic with WD-40 but wont that kinda get greasy after a while? Is there a better way

rooster_20
02-22-2006, 09:00 AM
pressure washer is about the eaisiest way on a real muddy frame after that the W-D 40 would prob work or an armoral type of cleaner.

440_Turtle
02-22-2006, 09:18 AM
of course a pressure washer, im just lookin at what the eazsiest for teh PW to get it off so is just slides off.

rooster_20
02-22-2006, 09:46 AM
yea i would say it would work then like a protectant I always use an armoral rag thou either way

Green95Hoe
02-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Ive always been amazed at how well this cleanup works for everything. Give it a rinse to get the heavy stuff off. Then get a pesticide pump and keep a mix of "Simple Green Automotive" and water and fill it up. Spray that on everything, sometimes I stand mine up. Let it sit about 5 min and then rinse. Youll be surprised how well that stuff pulls the crap off the frame without a sponge or brush.

motochamp250
02-22-2006, 02:51 PM
purple power is awesome...u have to dilute it or it iwll tarnish some aluminum but it is the best stuff ever

450rJam
02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah i get it he wants to know if there is something he can put on the fenders etc. before it gets muddy to make stopping by the carwash after ridding to just blast it off easy like... acctually i keep a can of the armourall whipes in the truck it does help but the frame and nerf bars can collect some big clumps that just have to be hosed for a bit. i have heard of the WD40 but not sure what that will do to plastics after extended use.

orangeEX
02-22-2006, 08:18 PM
do you have a manual carwash with a wax to spray...?
after spraying mine off i coat it with spray wax.
looks new every time.

DieselBoy
02-22-2006, 09:55 PM
For plastics - WD-40. The mud sort of "burns" onto the cooling fins making it difficult to remove. I've heard of people using WD-40 on the engine and have heard positive results if you don't run it tit hot.

troutman561
02-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Be careful pressure washing your quad, the high pressure of the water could get into places you dont want it, it is very risky....

blakefoote
02-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by badass4man
ive heard you can spreay you frame and plastic with WD-40 but wont that kinda get greasy after a while? Is there a better way

i use that Mud Release stuff at all of my races. But at home I pressure wash it every day...:ermm:

440_Turtle
02-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
yeah i get it he wants to know if there is something he can put on the fenders etc. before it gets muddy to make stopping by the carwash after ridding to just blast it off easy like... acctually i keep a can of the armourall whipes in the truck it does help but the frame and nerf bars can collect some big clumps that just have to be hosed for a bit. i have heard of the WD40 but not sure what that will do to plastics after extended use.

FINALLY someone sees my point. Yes i want to knwo if there is anythign i can do (PRE-RIDE) to make the mud and dirt come off easier after the ride.

BLAKEFOOTE
whats this MUD RELEASE stuff your talking about?

blakefoote
02-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 440_Turtle
FINALLY someone sees my point. Yes i want to knwo if there is anythign i can do (PRE-RIDE) to make the mud and dirt come off easier after the ride.

BLAKEFOOTE
whats this MUD RELEASE stuff your talking about?

its made by Liquid Performance and it is made so mud cant stick to your quad as easily (kinda like puttin pam spray on a pan)...you put it on the quad and use it like Armoral you rub it in really good and it will shine the plastics then just ride...the stuff really does work!