PDA

View Full Version : trouble installing kill switch

corndogggy
02-22-2006, 08:39 AM
I have a race this sunday and I'm trying to put a ProArmor kill switch on. I've got it mounted and tried to hook up the wires last night with no luck, it doesn't work. My first attempt was stupid, I thought there was only one mount for the coil because I didn't have the plastic off, I thought the rear mount was grounded to the frame and there was a wire going to the front one so I figured that was hot, so I installed the wires on both posts. Obviously this didn't work, as both posts are mounted to the frame. So, I get to looking, that green wire on the front looks like it is wired directly to the frame mount, so I figured that must be ground. So I leave one wire there on the front and take the one off the back post and wire it to the other wire that goes into the coil, the black wire with the yellow stripe. Still doesn't work, pull the lanyard out and it keeps running. If somebody could explain exactly which wires to use or whatever it would save me some time poking around with a multimeter. Thanks.

Ridered416ex
02-22-2006, 02:59 PM
i just installed the same kill switch and you have to put the longer wire to the black with yellow strip wire and i ran the short wire to the brake line braket that is connected to my steering stem and it works perfect. This is on a 400ex btw

Ridered416ex
02-23-2006, 06:32 PM
did it work for you ?

79400ex
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
corndodggy, just wirer it inyo your flip kill switch on you handle bars. that what I did.

corndogggy
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I got it working. Yeah it goes to the black and yellow wire. My splice connector thing wasn't contacting right, I soldered it and it's fine. I should have just connected it into the kill switch but I had already stripped the black and yellow and already ran the others or else I would have. Pro Armor's instructions specifically say NOT to do that though, wonder why?

Ridered416ex
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
They tell you that b/c i think it dont completely kill the motor cuz thats how i did hte killswitch on my blaster when i had it and i fell o and it kept runnin for a lil while