PDA

View Full Version : staff infections

exboy
02-22-2006, 06:58 AM
has anyone ever had one? i got bit by a spyder on my calf(sp?) and i got a staff infection. it hurts like a mofo and it bleeds all the time. i might have to get put in the hospital.:mad: :mad:

troutman561
02-22-2006, 07:21 AM
Don't know how you have a staff infection from a spyder bite.. but my dad got bit by a spider on his right butt cheek like 5 years ago at a disney world hotel when he was asleep(we got lots of free tickets from them so we wouldnt sue lol). but anyways it got swollen bad and lots of not so good stuff started oozing from it form what hears, my dads lymph glands swelled(sp?) up bad and about every year it comes back in the same spot for some reason, weird... so have fun with this bite...

insaneracin2003
02-22-2006, 07:32 AM
my son got bit by a spider,we think,and his hand swelled up like a mutha.we took him in and he had a staff infection.it starts to ooozzz but it usually goes down in a couple of days.very scarey infection,especially when your 2 year olds hand swells up like it is about to pop,literally.

DeerNuts
02-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Not that it matters, but it's a staph (not staff) infection. Typically from Staphyloccus aureas.

Pretty greusome at times, heres a link to a pic and some info:

Staph infection (http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/dermatlas/staph.html)

Racing Rice
02-22-2006, 07:48 AM
When I was younger I got bit on the back of my arm, by a spider while I was sleeping. It swelled up and oozing with pus. It was nasty. I think the doctor gave me antibiotics, and eventually it burst and went away. I still have a scare from it on my tricep though.

Lurch
02-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Man, there goes my breakfast. :(

LOL j/k

hotrodbelair
02-22-2006, 03:21 PM
just last summer i got bit by something think it was a spyder right no the face swollen up pretty bad. everybody thought i got in a fight. after a while of it buggin the hell out of me i popped it hurt like a *****.

redlineranger
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by exboy
has anyone ever had one? i got bit by a spyder on my calf(sp?) and i got a staff infection. it hurts like a mofo and it bleeds all the time. i might have to get put in the hospital.:mad: :mad:

dont go to atmore hospital dude, you might not make it out(if any1 read this and doesnt believe me, they are probably the worst hospital in the state of alabama)..... anyways i hope you get to feelin better..... and you need to come ride sometime!!!!!:cuss: :blah:

cjj
02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
ahh i got somthing along those lines this summer got 3rd degree burns on my leg and didnt think nothing of it didnt care left it open. Then right after it healed my dumbass got it burned again and did the same thing didnt care left it wide open and a couple days later my knee cap was the 4x the size litteraly. After it went away i decided to go to the doctor for it lol/

exboy
02-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Not that it matters, but it's a staph (not staff) infection. Typically from Staphyloccus aureas.

Pretty greusome at times, heres a link to a pic and some info:

Staph infection (http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/dermatlas/staph.html)

yeah i asked my science teacher how to spell it after i made the post in typing.

exboy
02-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
dont go to atmore hospital dude, you might not make it out(if any1 read this and doesnt believe me, they are probably the worst hospital in the state of alabama)..... anyways i hope you get to feelin better..... and you need to come ride sometime!!!!!:cuss: :blah:

if i go to atmore dude theyd tell me i was pregnate. hes not lien they blow.

Titanium
02-22-2006, 07:54 PM
about a year ago i got a staff infection on my chin and i kept messin with it for about a week and it spread all the way up to my nose! it looked like i had shingles cept i had "plasma"(the clear stuff) and puss comin out of my pores. it sucked!

QuadJunkies
02-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I have had Staph thanks to the Hospital that done a Biopsy on me last year..

Thats NOTHING to mess around with! :scary:

honduh440
02-23-2006, 01:27 AM
my friend stubbed his finger on a basketball at practice and his fingernail made a small cut on his finger no big deal. week later his finger went ape shyt. after going to the hospital and gettin treated for the next 6 months his finger looked like a bratworst covered in peanut butter and jelly. yes it was horrible. and still today his finger is all messed up and no finger nail.

dangle
02-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I have had Staph thanks to the Hospital that done a Biopsy on me last year..

Thats NOTHING to mess around with! :scary:

There's a reason that it's called staph infection.... EVERYBODY that works in a hospital has it... it's just a matter of getting direct contact to an open wound.....

Mike

QuadJunkies
02-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by dangle
There's a reason that it's called staph infection.... EVERYBODY that works in a hospital has it... it's just a matter of getting direct contact to an open wound.....

Mike

when my son was born he got STAPH from the hospital and ended up staying there for an xtra 5 days. Its funny,we think of hospitals being a sterile inviroment when in fact, they are one of the wrost places to pick up a bad infection! :huh

dangle
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
when my son was born he got STAPH from the hospital and ended up staying there for an xtra 5 days. Its funny,we think of hospitals being a sterile inviroment when in fact, they are one of the wrost places to pick up a bad infection! :huh

There's a couple hospitals around here that have had amputees do to staph..... then people wonder why I don't wanna go to the hospital when I break myself up... I'll take my chances with 12 pack and good nights sleep...

Mike

02-27-2006, 11:17 PM
i dont like spiders :ermm: