PDA

View Full Version : ARSFX A-arms pics??

QuadJunkies
02-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Anyone seen any good pics of them anyhere ??

I went to the website and the pics are too small to see them??
I cant find any pics of them installed anywhere....:confused: :(

also, do they come in any colors or just the stock silver color?

Allen
02-22-2006, 03:54 AM
Hope this helps....comes off of Balances' quad at the dealer show.

Allen
02-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Another

02-22-2006, 09:29 AM
i knew ohlins was gonna step it up a knotch

bradley300
02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
i dont think Ohlins had much to do with it. yamaha owns a good part of Ohlins so Yamaha wants all of thier riders to use ohlins, more money for them in the long run

02-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i dont think Ohlins had much to do with it. yamaha owns a good part of Ohlins so Yamaha wants all of thier riders to use ohlins, more money for them in the long run

well i understand that, im just saying, it was a matter of time before ohlins entered the ATV market with R&D, before they just made a shock and left it at that, now they are actually working on making it a good shock instead of just a shock, who would be best to do this research, obviously the top pros ;)

QuadJunkies
02-22-2006, 10:45 AM
thanks for the pic!
I found a few pics of them on the site, but they are bare looking in color, or like a stock grey in color?? I didnt want to have to PC them right away until the whole quad gets PC'd.

Any other pics close up?

QuadJunkies
02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
I like this color,looks like the black Stealth color I have sorta

Do they come standard in this color??

http://www.zbrozracing.com/images/Images-Photos/new1.jpg

305400ex
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
honestly I would not recommend ars-fx. there orders take forever, and there customer service really sucks. I have been waiting on my front end to come in since jan. 15th. It is now Feb 22nd and they are saying I should have it for march 1st HOPEFULLY. If I had to do it all over again, there is no way I would have bought anything from them nor will I ever buy anything from them again. :mad:

Johnson
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I would highly recommend ARS front and rear end. You have to under stand that if you want high quality suspension your not going to get it over night.

305400ex
02-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I understand that, but one thing is that they tell me Jan 15th. and it is more than a month later, and they continue to give me the run around with no straight answers. I honestly kinda regret getting the arsfx setup. I honestly should have just gone with a walsh/pep like I had originally intented

QuadJunkies
02-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Wow.. that is quite awhile. :huh I got mine full suspention from Elka and Burgards in 10 days :o

Anyone else have this experience???

Epic might be another good choice from all that Ive heard :)

I have heard it does take a little longer for Axis on turn around time on shocks but worth its weight in gold .

dangle
02-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Wow.. that is quite awhile. :huh I got mine full suspention from Elka and Burgards in 10 days :o

Anyone else have this experience???

Epic might be another good choice from all that Ive heard :)

I have heard it does take a little longer for Axis on turn around time on shocks but worth its weight in gold .

Good setups are worth the wait... Imo 2 months for a full front-end setup is not a bad time at all.... Keep in mind... this process involves several different companies.... Most a-arm compnies don't do there own pc and chrome work... then you have the shock company which is were the real hold up is.....

Mike

305400ex
02-23-2006, 05:06 AM
I just hope that it was worth the wait, and everything is perfect on the setup. Once I receive them (whenever that may be). I'll be sure to post my thoughts on them. Im just hoping there product quality is nowhere near there customer service.

dangle
02-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by 305400ex
I just hope that it was worth the wait, and everything is perfect on the setup. Once I receive them (whenever that may be). I'll be sure to post my thoughts on them. Im just hoping there product quality is nowhere near there customer service.

Well since you mentioned customer service... what excactly is the problem? Are they not returning e-mails... giving you the run around or what? Just curious... I'll never run there stuff(or any other for that matter) b/c the setup I got now is perfect.... Unless of course I build another quad which is highly unlikely...

Mike

QuadJunkies
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
All I know is Im not waiting no 2 months for my set up, Ill check into things BEFORE I make my purchace. It will be needed for a few races so Ill need that ASAP. I think a month is reasonable, 2 months is pushing it . And if need be... Ill just order more Elkas, I do love mine!

dangle
02-23-2006, 08:37 AM
All I know is Im not waiting no 2 months for my set up, Ill check into things BEFORE I make my purchace. It will be needed for a few races so Ill need that ASAP. I think a month is reasonable, 2 months is pushing it . And if need be... Ill just order more Elkas, I do love mine!

Don't forget about JRD... shameless prop for the stuff I run :devil: .... There meant to be run with axis... just like the ars/fx.... jrd= jacked roll design.... but coming in at half the price with better quality... 900$ for chrome LT....

Mike

QuadJunkies
02-23-2006, 08:39 AM
lol... Thanks Dangle :D

rob-u/21
02-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I would highly recommend ARS front and rear end. You have to under stand that if you want high quality suspension your not going to get it over night.
Why shouldn't you be able to get it overnight? Their are plenty of companies out there with products as good as ARS-FX that have their arms in stock. I think we have just grown accustomed to have to wait long periods of time because before their wasn't to much to choose from.
I would recomend http://www.ratedxmotorsports.com a arms. Most of the time they will have arms in stock for the models they make. They have great customer service and most importantly they have a great competative price. Give Eric a call (619) 448-3738.

QuadJunkies
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I seen a few riders here who run those and seemed to be happy with them. I was just trying to go with something that was highly spoken of and heard the Axis goes well with them no to mention they look sweet!!

rob-u/21
02-23-2006, 11:10 AM
The reason every one says AXIS and ARS-FX goes well with each other is because they are both made by the same group of people. But in my opinion, you can make any arm/shock combo work well with one another. It's all in the valving.

02-23-2006, 11:13 AM
As mentioned above you should have a fast turn around time. It is pretty safe to say that if you were to call Golden West you could get some Epic's very quick if you go with the standard silver or black PC.

As with most manufacturers, custom colors take a little longer.

TBD
02-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
The reason every one says AXIS and ARS-FX goes well with each other is because they are both made by the same group of people. But in my opinion, you can make any arm/shock combo work well with one another. It's all in the valving.
Very well said. For those of you that think certain shocks work only with certain arms are way off. Any shock can be spring and valved for any arm as long as it's not a poorly designed shock.

dirtmomma
02-24-2006, 08:31 AM
NOW what are you up to Girl :D:D:blah: didn't you JUST put them arms & shocks you have on there LOL

02-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by TBD
Very well said. For those of you that think certain shocks work only with certain arms are way off. Any shock can be spring and valved for any arm as long as it's not a poorly designed shock.

true, but some a-arms will work better with certain shocks because of the progression ratio and angles that they offer to work with the shock, which im sure you already knew, just figured id mention that to the others

QuadJunkies
02-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
NOW what are you up to Girl :D:D:blah: didn't you JUST put them arms & shocks you have on there LOL Who ever said this is going on my old honda??:eek: :D :blah: hehe...

Rico
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Try out Rated X motorsports or ATV Four Play...:cool:

rob-u/21
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.ratedxmotorsports.com

400grl
02-24-2006, 11:19 AM
RATED X!!!! :macho

02-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Houser/Roll Design

QuadJunkies
02-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
Houser/Roll Design

I would LOVE to have a full Roll Design quad :cool:

rob-u/21
02-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Now we are going back the problem with ars-fx. With Roll you have to wait a while since they are always on back order. You will also have to pay a grip of cash to get a roll design front end.

dangle
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Roll Design:
http://www.sandbros.com/mike330r/2ama400ex.jpg

Jrd:
http://www.jrdmech.com/pix/yfx450.gif

Mike

02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
does anybody have any blue prints of A-arms?

QuadJunkies
02-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Roll is sooo hot...... but way out of my budget unfortunealy :(

dangle
02-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Roll is sooo hot...... but way out of my budget unfortunealy :(

You could put roll stickers on jrd and you couldn't tell the difference... which got me to thinking... If shocks are "designed" to work with certain a-arms and jrd/roll are basically out of the same jig.... wouldn't elka work with jrd and vice versa :confused: ?

Mike

rob-u/21
02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
If shocks are "designed" to work with certain a-arms and jrd/roll are basically out of the same jig.... wouldn't elka work with jrd and vice versa ?

What about AXIS. Before if you bought a roll front end you would get AXIS suspensioin as a package. Does ELKA work better than AXIS with a roll front end? I dont think so. Its all a sales and marketing strategy to sell them both together.

dangle
02-25-2006, 09:01 AM
What about AXIS. Before if you bought a roll front end you would get AXIS suspensioin as a package. Does ELKA work better than AXIS with a roll front end? I dont think so. Its all a sales and marketing strategy to sell them both together.

That's what i'm saying... I run axis LT on mine... but since jrd and roll are the same thing........see where i'm going with this?

Mike

TBD
02-25-2006, 09:35 AM
He is right. It's just a strategy. As long as the components are similar a good shock tuner can make almost any shock work the same as another.

blasterkid
02-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by dangle
You could put roll stickers on jrd and you couldn't tell the difference... which got me to thinking... If shocks are "designed" to work with certain a-arms and jrd/roll are basically out of the same jig.... wouldn't elka work with jrd and vice versa :confused: ?

Mike

everyone thinks jrd are complete knock offs of roll but there really not there completly different. in no way do they use the same "jig." Just because they have the same bend doesnt mean there the same thing.

mills_racing
02-25-2006, 08:01 PM
i love my ars-fx axis front end....it works great....

MXRACER86
02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I have had very bad luck with Houser products. If you want a package that works, with no wait time then get a Axis/Gibson frontend, I got mine in four days from K&K ATV!

Ex_Rider43
02-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by blasterkid
everyone thinks jrd are complete knock offs of roll but there really not there completly different. in no way do they use the same "jig." Just because they have the same bend doesnt mean there the same thing.

Someone posted a picture of the JRD shop and you could clearly see a set of Roll design a-arms under the table where the jigs were. This picture was even on JRD's website but that was a while ago !!!

I think it was quad041 the guy with the walsh CRF who posted this.

Anyway I got walsh everything with elka elites shocks. I was debating over walsh/elka or ARS-fx/axis. I got the walsh because I got across good deals otherwise I would have got ARS and axis , they are very rare here in Quebec.

prepracing
02-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by dangle
Good setups are worth the wait... Imo 2 months for a full front-end setup is not a bad time at all.... Keep in mind... this process involves several different companies.... Most a-arm compnies don't do there own pc and chrome work... then you have the shock company which is were the real hold up is.....

Mike

Plus the fact they are the hottest XC a-arm setup on the market right now.....I am sure they are rather backed up this time of year

blasterkid
02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Someone posted a picture of the JRD shop and you could clearly see a set of Roll design a-arms under the table where the jigs were. This picture was even on JRD's website but that was a while ago !!!

I think it was quad041 the guy with the walsh CRF who posted this.

Anyway I got walsh everything with elka elites shocks. I was debating over walsh/elka or ARS-fx/axis. I got the walsh because I got across good deals otherwise I would have got ARS and axis , they are very rare here in Quebec.

joey had a full roll 250r when they first started... do me a favor go measure all the a arms. find the leverage rations and all from roll a arms on a yfz to jrd a arms on the yfz and tell me if there the same

HbombSquad
03-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Scuse me for the old post but, id like to put ARS FX long travel a-arms on my yfz, and i have a pretty good deal on elka elite shocks, id like to know if its gonna work pretty well? and if it gonna fix with no problem or trouble?...thx, i live in quebec, canada, how long it can take to receive it. Thx alot guys!

rob-u/21
03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Their is no reason why it shouldnt work. As long as you have your suspension set up right.

QuadJunkies
03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
well... We made some desicions today and it looks like the ASRFX /axis setup is what were going with along with the swingArm.

Talk about put you in the poor house!! :scary: :p

rob-u/21
03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Talk about put you in the poor house!!

Thats going to be a nice chunk of change $$$. But I'm sure you will be pleased with your purchase. Do you know how long it will take for you to receive everything?

QuadJunkies
03-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Thats going to be a nice chunk of change $$$. But I'm sure you will be pleased with your purchase. Do you know how long it will take for you to receive everything? everything is in stock so only a few days hopefully... :D

305400ex
03-18-2006, 07:38 AM
did u order the mx or xc front end. Because I have been waiting for a mx setup since feb 15th. (original delivery date). Now they are telling me its possibly next week or the latest the week after that. I am very frustrated with them, I have been more than patient with them. I think I am just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. I hate the fact that they are acting like if they are giving me a product for free.

QuadJunkies
03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 305400ex
did u order the mx or xc front end. Because I have been waiting for a mx setup since feb 15th. (original delivery date). Now they are telling me its possibly next week or the latest the week after that. I am very frustrated with them, I have been more than patient with them. I think I am just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. I hate the fact that they are acting like if they are giving me a product for free.

Thats interesting... But Im gonna find out!! They told us they were readily Avail. and in Stock.Im making a phone call today!!

305400ex
03-18-2006, 10:47 AM
definately do that. Let me know what they tell you.

QuadJunkies
03-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Things have changed so we wont be buying the front or Rear end afterall. :(
They confirmed some things we was told about (a fw bugs on the MX version) I dont think its anything too serious, but w/o really going into great detail it all involves the Axis shocks not mathcing up properly.

305400ex~~
we asked him about your situation... Did you add a few things to the order after the initial Suspention purchase?? The guy said its not so much that they have been out of stock on the MX version, they are waiting on Axis . This is one thing I hear over and over about Axis .
Im thinking your things are gonna ship very soon!They got ALOT of parts in stock this week. Hang in therre, Im guessing it will be soon.

We are however gong to order there Steering stem, sounds like a nice one!;)

So what they told me confirms that not ALL A-ARMS can go hand in hand with a suspention set up.

Back to the drawing boards :( Ill call Epic
(Golden West) on Monday

305400ex
03-18-2006, 11:10 AM
thanks for the update quadjunkie. I appreciate it, hopefully when they do send me the setup they worked out all the bugs and I dont have any problems because that would really be the icing on the cake. I honestly just thinking of getting my money back and going with another setup. Only thing that really holds me back from doing that is haveving to wait another month waiting for the other setup. I am really stuck in a jam, and its driving me crazy. Hopefully this gets all starightened out.