PDA

View Full Version : Jetting question for all you mostly stock 250Rs

250R
02-21-2006, 10:23 PM
What jets are ya'll runinng in your mostly stock Rs? Reason I ask, I have an 88 that I have gone through the top end once - it's at 66.50 right now, Sparks MX pipe, Fat Boy silencer, Rad Valve, K&N with Outwear, stock airbox (lid and snorkle intact) and cool head with race gas dome. It seems to like a 158 main with the clip on the second groove from the top (on the lean side) using the stock needle and the stock pilot. This just seems lean to me, I have tried up to a 162 and it did not seem as snappy. What are you guys running out of curiousity?

TheFontMaster
02-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I am wondering the same thing, I have a 250r thats set up almost exactly like yours. I was going to bump up the main to a 165, and the pilot to a 44. That should that get me in the ball park right?

snapon
02-22-2006, 03:26 PM
I have pretty much the same setup without the cool head ( I'm running a stock head), Pilot 42, stock needle middle clip position and 160 main. Top end and mid range is spot on, but bottom end sputters up to about 1/4 throttle. That points to the pilot being to large, but I've been reluctant to go smaller than the stock 42 pilot that the honda manual calls for.

dsaint77
02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I have been asking this question myself this week. I used the search button and came up with a few hundred posts on jetting. Some folks have given me some help and they have told me.

Each bike is different. You have to fine tune the jetting for your bike. Altitude, humidity type of riding will all factor in to your jetting.

What you need to do is do do a jetting test/plug chop to find out if your bike is correctly jetted.

here is a LINK (http://www.ctracing.com/cylinder.htm) that will explain how to perform the jetting /plug chop.

I hope that this helps.

Adam