PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Noleen's services?

protraxrptr17
02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Anybody had Noleen do their shocks? I'll be getting mine back in a few days and I'm all excited about it.

I have never been 100% happy with my shocks (Elka valving). The rear has always been much too soft. After I went to the long travel linkage, it was almost unrideable. It got much better after I did the KTM engine swap which lightened the bike about 100lbs and lowered the COG substantially . I also changed the shock angle some. The fronts have been satisfactory , but I have always felt the high speed compression was too soft.

Anyway, I sent 'em to Noleen along with all my specs and a sketch of my rear geometry with all the measurements and angles. I'm hoping they can get them right on the money the first try. Just wondering who has used them and how your shocks turned out.

bradley300
02-22-2006, 06:51 AM
never had them do anything for me, but if you didnt know, noleen did all of team suzuki's shocks for the last 2 or 3 years

protraxrptr17
02-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I hired them. They do things totally different than most. I think my front shocks will only have dual rate springs instead of triple or quad rate. I was surprised how quick their turnaround time was.

02-24-2006, 09:27 AM
noleen is good but i prefer to use G T Thunder