PDA

View Full Version : short clip

JRP
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
alright well heres a clip from today, its like 10sec long... Any suggestions? Im not braking only downshifting, my 1st race is in 2 weeks so if anyone can help it would be apreciated. thanks

http://media.putfile.com/100_034156

DJJ450r
02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
sweet:macho good luck at your race

XCAdam89
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM
I can't see it for some reason...I'll try again.

Dupontster
02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Cool! Where are you racing at?

JRP
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
thanks guys, its at my house, in my back yard... The table top is real small, but Its a cool place to ride.

Dupontster
02-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry bout that. I meant where are you racing for your first race in 2 weeks?

02-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Istead of going kind of slow through the turn you should hit it at more of a 90 degree angle then powerslide a 180 towards the TT. It would be alot faster. Square it off, you know?

jvd182
02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
u mean powerslide, or go in and whip it around the middle off the corner?

TWISTED
02-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like he was carrying pretty good speed in that berm to me.

02-21-2006, 08:11 PM
im startin racing too, and not to put your hopes down, but that burm looks a little bigger than ones at races, during races i think you wants to get to the burm really fast, and slow down to the highest speed you can take the burm at, and try powersliding, when you power slide you can take corners sharper, less wide and take off faster, just my .02

XCAdam89
02-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Sorry bout that. I meant where are you racing for your first race in 2 weeks?

I'm pretty sure it's Budds, but it might be at VMP.

Dupontster
02-22-2006, 04:51 AM
Cool. I will be at Budds racing as much as I can before the National. I dont think VSP opens till a bit later. I think Practice is like the Saturday of the Nat at Budds.

JRP
02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
its at VMP... I can slide into the berm, but i like to rail into it... Ive never been on a real MX track before, but i guess i will on march 4th.

xcracer416
02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
powerslide that mf'er like a dirt track car and youll me a second faster in the corners......my opinion

JRP
02-22-2006, 01:07 PM
haha alright ill try that next time, probbaly tomorrow.. so when i approach it at a 90 degree angle, would i still try to stick to the berm or jus do a 180 and not even touch the berm...

JRP
02-22-2006, 01:45 PM
heres another vid.....

http://media.putfile.com/100_0343

Jake250ex
02-22-2006, 02:08 PM
No teeny little tip from us will make you any faster. When you are just out play riding you will most likely thing you are the fastest motha on the planet and then most likely in a racing sitation you will realize that there are a million areas where you could improve. Just being comfortable and in good shape, and knowing your quad and how it reacts is the best thing you can do. Practice makes perfect. :)

xx3003xrdrxx
02-22-2006, 02:13 PM
When you go into the corner really get down and lean , I noticed you bycicled when coming out of the corner , also throw your weight back when coming out of a corner to gain traction. It actually helps alot when your trying to put the power to the ground.

Mxjunkie
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Much better powersliding :macho Try and get as far as to the one side as you can.

It sounds like your holding the throttle wfo in the air too.

When you are going into the corner, tap or slam the back brakes and get your *** end sideways, then hammer down and just feather the front brakes. :)

xx3003xrdrxx
02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Another thing , I noticed you completely backed off the throttle once you landed your jump and were headed for the next corner. Your going to want to be on the gas as hard as you can ( while staying in controll ) ALL THE TIME . After you land get back on it as hard as you can and break at the last second possible! Hope this helps .

Jekyl_22
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
the first one was about a full second faster...

As for the berm... at most of the tracks I've been to... the berms can get much bigger than that. I would say that you have a good one to practice on.

I would try coming into it faster. Carry as much speed up to it as you can. You are taking about 30 feet to downshift and coast... you could stay on the throttle longer and just brake harder. When coming into the corner lock up your brakes, slide into the berm, lean further inside so you don't two-wheel and you can carry more speed, then start to move your weight back to get better traction just before you start to come out nof the turn. If you are almost flying over the berm when coming into it because you are barely able to slow down enough.... you are doing a good job :)

I'm no pro, but I would give it a try... best of luck at your race...

Jekyl_22
02-22-2006, 02:31 PM
dang... everyone already typed what I just said while I was typing it... :( I'm such a loser...

JRP
02-22-2006, 05:29 PM
ya ill try that... so when im slidin around should I slide into the berm, or stay away from it? thanks

xx3003xrdrxx
02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Its a race , much different than riding by yourself in the backyard. You seem like you dont have any or much experience , for your first race I would suggest you concentrate on finishing rather than winning because chances are you are going to get smoked. Not because lack of skill but because of experience . Take it easy and learn the ropes , I hope youve atleast gone to the track your racing on because if not its going to make things 10x as hard.

Best of luck at your race Jordan

JRP
02-22-2006, 06:01 PM
haha i know, i mean my friend that races too, said Im gtonna be good at racing, but who knows, oh and Ive never been to the track that im racing at, lol, im gonna try my best though!

Dupontster
02-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Before I raced my first race I thought that I was gonna go out and pull a top 3 or something. Just watchin others race is completely different than racing. The track looks different also to when your on it. Everything is much bigger. Just go out and get the feel of the track.

JRP
02-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Before I raced my first race I thought that I was gonna go out and pull a top 3 or something. Just watchin others race is completely different than racing. The track looks different also to when your on it. Everything is much bigger. Just go out and get the feel of the track.

ya i agree, thats what my dad keeps on tellin me... Ill try my best, hell ive never even been to this track before nor seen pics of it, lol, gonna be a loooooonnnngggg day!:blah:

Dupontster
02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah. You'll get the hang of it.

JRP
02-23-2006, 05:44 AM
ya i hope so.

jvd182
02-24-2006, 07:21 PM
id practice tight, non sweeping hair pin turns, alot of tracks have those

Jersey450R
02-24-2006, 07:44 PM
if you go to budds, you'll probably die. not gonna hold anything back.

JRP
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
haha why do you say that? other then its a really rough track.

400exc
02-24-2006, 08:12 PM
you really want to lean into the turn, and kind of fish-tale into the turn a little so u can slide throguh it kind of........ it shhould get a little faster throguh the turns... it works for me.... but i dont have berms like that, mine are smaller, but i go into mine at a pretty fast speed and slide into it, i get past the other racers doing that.

xx3003xrdrxx
02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by JRP
haha why do you say that? other then its a really rough track.

Probably because your going to be racing against people that are very talented and have been racing for a long time , and the fact that youve never been on a real track. Also this will be your first time on the track meaning your gonna have no idea whats coming up and be to occupied with not crashing rather than focusing on placing well. ....

Give her hell and have fun :)

JRP
02-25-2006, 01:15 PM
alright, thanks man, i agree, In my mind i jus want to place good but i guess i need to be thinking about not gtetin hurt first.

02-27-2006, 06:56 PM
jordan, the best way to get faster and better on the track is to follow other ppl who no what there doing and not letting them pull ahead in practice. watch what the experienced guys do in certain situations and follow them over jumps and stuff like that. if u do that, u might supprise yourself and finish pretty well.

this will help u a lot because if you know the guy ahead of you knows what he's doing then ull be more confident and wont hold back as much. eventually it will become more natural and you can tear **** up.

good luck