PDA

View Full Version : Rules

Bradracer18
02-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey fellas, I am planning to race the series this year. Hopefully stuff works out so that I'm able to. Anyways, I was wondering, what does my quad need to have to be race ready?? I see on the rules, it says it has to pass "tech inspection", so what does this actually entail? What all is checked(and actually checked)? Also, what, as a rider, do I need to be wearing?

I'd like to know the actual rules, and then if you have any suggestions beyond that...

Thank you,
Brad

montycarlo
02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
The rules:
http://www.iatvhss.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

The website:
www.iatvhss.com

Race ready?

#1 is functional tether switch. That is the first and most critical thing that WILL be checked.

They will check stock class quads a lot more closely, but other classes not so much I don't think. But if you're "by the rules" then don't worry about it!

Helmets, sleeves, long pants, boots (common sense! :ermm: )

Suggestions? Good tires, nerf bars, and all the suspension you can afford! :D

See ya out there!

Dave

Bradracer18
02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey thanks a lot. I've checked out the rules,etc. I was just making sure. I have a functional tether(or it used to work..lol).

As for the tires, I have maxxis razor2's all the way around. They are in pretty good shape, so that should be good enough for a first timer, right? Also, how important are nerfs? I personally don't like them, because if I get in a spot where I need to back up, I like to stick my foot down, or on the front tire, to help.....and nerf bars prevent me from doing this....so will I be ok without them? The only thing about them that I actually like is they help in going through a tight spot, not to bend an axle.....are there many spots like this usually? And suspension, I'm about to the spending limit on that, and have decent suspension.

The "Iowa Series" portion of this forum is kinda dull, hoping to get some of the guys in here, and start chatin' it up.....

Krazy KFX
02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
#1 is functional tether switch
They will not let you race without it...No excuses and no refunds. I had to kick a few people off the starting because of this. They will be checked. Its a great series....Enjoy and see you at the farm

IOWAracer
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
hey man i might of sipped over it but waht class are you racing. I am in the young C class this is my third year racing and i cant wait to get started truthfully i am gonn apull the nets out of my nerfs so i can put my leg through them to back up but wouldge them and do that it is the best hing u could do they will save your legs in a bad holeshot too! Did you make a registration on the iowa site for there fourms that is most of us that race the sereis and we talk it up alot. Well see you at the races!

Broc #38

QUADROOKIE
02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
Hey thanks a lot. I've checked out the rules,etc. I was just making sure. I have a functional tether(or it used to work..lol).

As for the tires, I have maxxis razor2's all the way around. They are in pretty good shape, so that should be good enough for a first timer, right? Also, how important are nerfs? I personally don't like them, because if I get in a spot where I need to back up, I like to stick my foot down, or on the front tire, to help.....and nerf bars prevent me from doing this....so will I be ok without them? The only thing about them that I actually like is they help in going through a tight spot, not to bend an axle.....are there many spots like this usually? And suspension, I'm about to the spending limit on that, and have decent suspension.

The "Iowa Series" portion of this forum is kinda dull, hoping to get some of the guys in here, and start chatin' it up.....
Nerfs are a personal preference. Most guys run them, some do not. Reverse is nice!;) There are a few tight spots in each track, some have more than others. The Razr 2's are just fine. Good skid plates are nice to have too. I recommend a chest protector, but only because it has aaved me serious injury twice for sure, maybe more. Your adrenaline is pumping so fast you dont even know its on you. If you want a good look at what its like before-hand, I suggest ordering one of the race coverage DVD's from SS productions on the IATVHSS site, prolly the highlight one. Other than that, bring a good sense of humor, and be ready to have fun cuz its a blast!! And to put up with Johnny and BigJ you got to give it right back to them or they wont let you live it down!:D

montycarlo
02-21-2006, 06:43 PM

Razr2's.... excellent....
Nerfs? If you don't like them and have to rely on your Nikes to back up then maybe don't have them on your Pred. I personally will never ever EVER own a quad without nerfs again but then I have reverse! :blah: It's possible I'll change my tune if my next quad doens't back up on it's own power.

Seems like the Missouri boys have a monopoly on ATV riders race chat, we tend to do most of our Iowa talkin' in the Iowa website's forum.

(don't tell the local Admin! :eek2: )

Bradracer18
02-21-2006, 09:19 PM
ha....I can already tell you guys are a great/fun bunch to be around. You guys are very helpful too. Thanks for all of the info, suggestions. I don't like the nerfs, because of the reasons I listed, and yes I don't have reverse. Also, though to help me, I have some super sharp rath racing foot pegs, made from stainless. These things cut into my boots they are so sharp. So this pretty much keeps my feet on the pegs, and I practice without nerfs, so I don't really rely on anything but the pegs. I guess I'm kinda more of a motorcycle guy like that though....and until my foot comes off, and I run myself over and break my whole leg, I'll probably still be....or unless I run into about 200 bucks soon(ha).....

Anyways, I'll be darn sure my tether is working properly. And, I'll check into the chest protector situation. I'll also look into those videos, sounds pretty cool. Keep any additional info comming as you think of it!!

If you guys don't mind, I might join the forums over on the IATVHSS website......

QUADROOKIE
02-22-2006, 04:41 AM
Oh yeah, a couple other things I thought of- drink LOTS of water the week before the race, I mean as much as you can without getting sick, all day each day, and during the race a camelbak is nice. It will be tough your first race, but try to learn to ride "loose". I mean still alert, but if you are stiff as a board and holding on for dear life that 2 hours will seem like 2 days and you will be miserable, I know my first race I was ready to quit about 5 times, but after I got through it I realized I never had so much fun in my life. But I also realized I was in terrible shape. --Try to ride as much as possible, but ride for an hour at race speed, not just putting around. This will get you into condition better than anything-I dont ride ever except the races, so obviously I am not in the best shape.:ermm: I suggest at least some tear-off type goggles, but I perfer roll-offs. They are more expensive, but are much more handy and easier to use. Ummmm, lets see.....oh yeah, I also suggest to get there early and walk as much of the track before the race as you can. There can be some tricky areas that if you know in your mind that they are there it can help you navigate them easier. Also look for alternate routes around bottleneck-prone areas while walking the track. Theres tons of things we could all tell you about, much of which won't make much sense until you actually experience it firsthand though. Thats all I can think of right now. Gotta get ready for work.:mad:

Bradracer18
02-22-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow....thanks a lot!!! That is a ton of help. I am going to get out the note pad, and take some notes from this post. I'm really learning a lot from you guys! I hope to meet some of you at the races! Again, if you ever think of anything new, shout it out!

Thank you,
Brad

Oh, what do I need to do to be able to race in the series, like membership wise? Also what is the easiest/best way of getting all of that out of the way?

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2006, 06:35 AM
quadrookie forgot the main rule sat. nigth before race I got 4 quads you gotta come over an change oil on an put the shine to . Quadrookie always checks the air presure an nuts an bolts out an get`s my boots on an off :eek2: I dont know a crazy rule but it got`s to be done :rolleyes: Quadrookie will show you around He`s the guy in pink with the tire gage running around :D

Main thing is to have fun an not let a few races work you up , always have fun with it :cool:

QUADROOKIE
02-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
quadrookie forgot the main rule sat. nigth before race I got 4 quads you gotta come over an change oil on an put the shine to . Quadrookie always checks the air presure an nuts an bolts out an get`s my boots on an off :eek2: I dont know a crazy rule but it got`s to be done :rolleyes: Quadrookie will show you around He`s the guy in pink with the tire gage running around :D

Main thing is to have fun an not let a few races work you up , always have fun with it :cool:

I think I am switching to purple this year.....:D

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
I think I am switching to purple this year.....:D

I knew if I told the new guy he could take my boots off you would be mad :mad: Maybe let the new guy take care of the monkey butt thing huh :confused: Know one mentioned that to him :D

QUADROOKIE
02-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I knew if I told the new guy he could take my boots off you would be mad :mad: Maybe let the new guy take care of the monkey butt thing huh :confused: Know one mentioned that to him :D

Monkey butt's alllllll his!:blah:

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Messing with ya Bradracer18 :devil: Main thing show up an have fun meet acouple hundred new friends with the same common interest . Kill switch , good boots , Helmet of course , An a good sence of humor . Most important AMA/ATVA card an entry fee . See ya at the races :D

Johnny & Monica
02-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Go here http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=78

look at the bottom where it says last 30 days open it an push from the beg. an all the Ia. race pictures are there .

Bradracer18
02-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Cool guys, thanks again for all of the info/help. So...basically to become towards the top of the rookie food chain, I have to find a guy in purple, steal his pink tire gauge, and check all of the vetrans tires...right? Who ever said survival of the fittest in pink was going to be easy, eh.....

QUADROOKIE
02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Cool guys, thanks again for all of the info/help. So...basically to become towards the top of the rookie food chain, I have to find a guy in purple, steal his pink tire gauge, and check all of the vetrans tires...right? Who ever said survival of the fittest in pink was going to be easy, eh.....
Boy Johnny, he's catching on alot faster than I did! Maybe we can let him off on the monkey-butt patrol!:D ----

montycarlo
02-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Boy Johnny, he's catching on alot faster than I did! Maybe we can let him off on the monkey-butt patrol!:D ----
Don't be so quick to let him off the hook - you might be stuck with that job for another year. :blah:

Bradracer18
02-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, the iatvhss website won't let me join. Any info on this?? I have tried twice now, with 2 different emails/usernames. It says it will send me an email for me to verify my account, but I don't get that email(I know my address I typed in is correct both times). Can someone help me out?? I'd really like to be a part of the convos on that site....

QUADROOKIE
02-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Hmmm. Not sure on that one.:confused:

Johnny & Monica
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, the iatvhss website won't let me join. Any info on this?? I have tried twice now, with 2 different emails/usernames. It says it will send me an email for me to verify my account, but I don't get that email(I know my address I typed in is correct both times). Can someone help me out?? I'd really like to be a part of the convos on that site....

Try e-mailing the modator I think Drew or Joe nice guys will help you out. If you still cant get to them let me know.

Bradracer18
02-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Well guys, I tried emailing the site admin....but with no luck. Can anyone else try to email them for me, maybe someone who has some "pull" with them?? I'd really appreciate this. Like I said, I have tried 2 different times to sign up to the site, with no luck. I tried with 2 different log in names, and 2 different email addresses. I never received a confirmation email, this is the problem I'm running into.

I'd like to have the nickname Bradracer18
and my email is: wadeamos@netins.net

Thanks to anyone who can help. I appreciate this a ton!!!

Brad Amos

wolvee
03-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Email me at iatvhss@msn.com with your info and I will pass on to Drew. We have been having server problems this week.

Tracy

ajbtv2
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Brad,

Try one more time to register. I sent you an email, but it must have been when i was getting hammered with spam so it didn't go through.

Make sure you click the FINISH button at the bottom or it will not send you the email. I will keep an eye out for your login and get you up and going.

Drew

Shawn H
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
I know I couldnt join unless I was on Internet explorer for some reason...

As for you guys with the Nerf concerns, Just cut out the first row of webbing, I can easily fit my foot down to the ground to back up...

You can preregister for the races and atva card...

See ya all at the Farm :cool: