PDA

View Full Version : new pc qoute and a couple of q's

insaneracin2003
02-21-2006, 02:03 PM
how ya been papster?
ok,i need these in stealth black
ac nerfs with heel guards for a 400ex
front ac bumper
and my question is,i bought a starter pc gun that i want to do some of my smaller stuff and junk around the house.what is a good oven to use.i dont want to spend a whole lot of money on an oven being im only going to be farting around with it.just a reg kitchen will work?....thanks again...Paul.here is a pick of my nerfs and bumper and the work ya did for me a while ago....still looking sharp as heck

insaneracin2003
02-21-2006, 02:05 PM
the bumper,i also ahev a new seat cover coming in so it dont look like a zuk anymore......lol..i also got my burgard beadlocks in....nice papster

Pappy
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
nerfs/heel gaurds $55
bumper $20

a used house oven will work for most small parts, heck i still use one for small runs instead of firing up my big oven. there are a few tricks to making it work right, but for the most part you can preform work as good as most big shops, even better, with a starter kit and a house oven. the biggest thing is practice, and ask questions.

insaneracin2003
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
cool pappy,ill be sending them shortly.
another question about pc'ing
when does the clear coat go on?
spray base coat,clear then oven or spray base coat,oven,then clear then oven?
thanka again....Paul

Pappy
02-22-2006, 02:01 PM
most powders, apply basecoat and cure at 350 degree part temp for 15 minutes. then you pull the part and apply the clear and back in the oven to cure the top coat and finish the base coat.

insaneracin2003
02-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
most powders, apply basecoat and cure at 350 degree part temp for 15 minutes. then you pull the part and apply the clear and back in the oven to cure the top coat and finish the base coat.
thanks