PDA

View Full Version : Saint Anythonys might be in Danger ... PLEASE REAd

QuadJunkies
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
notsure what all the State has plansfor, but theres a great possibility of losing some of the most pleasured Sand dunes in the U.S. :grr:

Please take the time to read and write the Gov. on just how devastating this would be to the small towns revenue and to all us Sand riders. I cannot see this being a benefeit to ANYONE !!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/NEWS06/602140365&SearchID=73236336066389

Also,

http://dfm.idaho.gov/cdfy2007/OtherDocuments/experience_idaho.pdf

Lets try and fight our Sand box !:macho

maynard22
02-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I may not be looking at something right, but it sounds like they are just wanting to spend some money and improve the park.

Eddiesanders250
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
I dont really understand what they are trying to say. They say the want to put a state park in costing $5 million. They didnt say anything about closing down the dunes, hopefully they are just wanting to put in a state park.

QuadJunkies
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
No, they didnt say anything about closing it... YET but his all too much reminds me of what they done to antoher Sand dune here locally ,only it was to save some beetle or something :rolleyes:

If they get this going, just saying that it might be endangered down the road is all

Im gonna find out more info on it and post when it comes avail.

Eddiesanders250
02-23-2006, 11:13 PM
ok keep us updated. They closed alot of pismo because of some plant. environmentalists are not good for this sport.

wilkin250r
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Tina, could you do us all a favor?

I'd like to nominate YOU as our spokesperson in this matter. Write a few letters to the proper officials and ask questions.

-What is the intent of the proposal? Right now, it should be BLM controlled (which is federal). What changes would come from making it a STATE park and state controlled?

-Would this change promote or prohibit OHV use in the dunes?

The way I see it, this could possibly be a beneficial change. There is no denying that the overwhelming majority of use at the dunes is OHV use, certainly not hiking and fishing. If the state of Idaho wishes to profit from the St. A's dune area as a state park, I can't see them restricting 95% of the current usage in order to promote the 5% that is not OHV use.

As a state park, they might be looking to profit from it, and attract even MORE offroaders by improving facilities and promoting OHV use. True, it might come at higher admission fees, but that's not really a significant loss.

Then again, they might be looking to turn it into a calm, quiet camping destination, and restrict OHV use. But we'll never know the intent unless we ask.

Not all change is bad. ;)

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Theres a few of us that keeping an eye on this topic and is speaking on behalf of us all ;) Ill keep you up to date
From what I have heard so far is that its not underfire -JUST YET

thomps6s
03-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I hope it is for the better, I mean this is an annual trip for us now. The St. Anthony dunes are the chit!