PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Racing

calds650
02-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Look like Polaris is getting in too ATV racing big time. Last year CNCC. This year more riders for GNCC and kid support. Now WORCS and SCORE support added. I fell the Outlaw will due fine in the desert just need taller gearing and some shocks and a larger gas tank.

wolffie
02-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Matt Smiley has done really well racing GNCC! hopefully the predator will get some more race attention as you mentioned!

I am curious to see how the Outlaw will do this year at GNCC!! i bet Matt Smiley will have a pretty tricked out one!

calds650
02-23-2006, 08:42 AM
He will have Elka's on his Outlaw with the WB PP exhaust. IMS should have a tank soon.

TYLER329
02-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Hiper says that he will run there beadlocks. I hope this is true. I am trying to get some rears from them but they said it will take a couple of weeks. I also am trying to get an HMF pipe but they said it wont be available until march. STOCK PIPES SUCK!!! Has anbody had to cut there heel guards to get HD's or Razor 2's to fit?

calds650
02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
The $800 Pure Polaris may be out by the end of the month :eek:
TYLER329 are you talking about 22 inch tires? From what it looks like you can run with out the heel guards. What would be trick if someone came out with bolt on replacement heel guard the would allow larger tires,

TYLER329
02-23-2006, 11:16 AM
No, i'm talkin about 20/11/9's but some are wider and taller than others. It just looks to me that my HD's are going to hit the piggybacks. I also noticed the other night I came down hard and the stock tire rubbed the heelguard. As far as the pipe I know somebody out there already has an HMF on there Outlaw. I work for a Polaris dealer here in Iowa in parts and sales and I wouldn't buy one of those WB duals even at cost. They look cool but man thats a lot of cash!!

calds650
02-23-2006, 02:27 PM
This is the bad thing about a new quad no parts. E-mail Yosh no plains for the Outlaw, Duncan ? they have look at mine. IMS and AC should have stuff out next month. Elka is working on Matt’s Outlaw. I think every one is waiting to see how sales going too due before they jump in.

TYLER329
02-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah I hear ya about not having parts, but as a Polaris salesman I am not worried about sales. After riding an Outlaw I can't imagine myself on a solid axle quad again. If you hear anything else about aftermarket parts please post.

Bradracer18
02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Tyler....are you from SW Iowa, by any chance???

TYLER329
02-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, i'm from Atlantic. I see you are from Griswold. Do I know you, do you race at all?

Bradracer18
02-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Nah....you probably don't know me too well. I've been in a few times, but do most of my business at essex(trying to spread it around though now).....anyways, we've talked a bit about the pred, and you told me you trade about every year or two, so if I ever need one, to talk to you. You might also know my buddy, he's a Wyman kid.....

Are you racing a pred or outlaw this season?? I am going to try to make the harescrables this year, will you be there?? Also going to try to get my buddy to go too, on his pred.

TYLER329
02-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah I should be there! I will be racing my Outlaw. I might miss the Indianola race because my wife is due the 14th of April and the race is the 2nd. We'll just have to see. If you need any parts or anything just call up to Olsen's. 800-383-4108. I pretty much live there so if you need anything just ask for me.

Calds I talked to Jen Rath at Rath Racing the other day and offered to drive my Outlaw up there so they could design some heel guards for it. She was going to talk to Daryl about it.

wolffie
02-27-2006, 01:03 PM
that'd be pretty cool if they used your quad to model some heel guards! you could be the first one to test the product out, and perhaps they would hook you up with a free set of them:D Rath racing makes some nice quality stuff!

Bradracer18
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
No kidding that would be cool. More luck to ya Tyler. I hope to see ya there on that outlaw, kicking some @ss.

I'm gonna have to stop up there on of these days, and get a sprocket, jet or two, and a filter.

Do you guys carry front and rear sprockets of all sizes?? Also do you carry jets of all sizes(believe I've asked you this before)?? If not, if I call up there and order them, when can you have them in???

Thanks,
Brad