PDA

View Full Version : the axle nut qestion...help fast!!!

blakefoote
02-21-2006, 10:56 AM
here is a pict of mine...its stock on a aftermarket axle... can anyone give me the full instructions???:ermm:

blakefoote
02-21-2006, 11:04 AM
haha...sorry heres the pict

AtvKid4Eva
02-21-2006, 11:46 AM
you tighten it just like on a stock axle u turn it upward to tighten and downward to loosen. you need to tighten the big nut out until it hits the ring on the axle then u need to tighten the small ring out until it tightens against the big nut. Usually once u loosen the stock nut they usually dont stay tight u might wanna invest in an aftermarket nut.

400exrider101
02-21-2006, 11:50 AM
its oppiset threads the nut on the left go up and the nut on the right gos down...i think am not 100% sure...but i did my axle about 3 weeks ago and that what i remeber ....an moneky wrenchs syuck dick to do the the job but it worked....an also take your time with it...its gonna be a ***** to break off...and o yea to help the nut break lose us some wd40 or som type of lube....

#8red
02-21-2006, 01:03 PM
yeah - deff. put some blue locktite on it when ya' put it back or it'll loosen up on ya' all the time

NacsMXer
02-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Hurry up and throw that POS in the garbage while its off. Stock axle nuts not only come loose, but they strip out on themselves, making them impossible to get off other than cutting that big mofo off. Happened to me, and happened to a friend of mine. If you decide to keep running it, don't say I didn't warn you ;)

prepracing
02-21-2006, 06:43 PM
clockwise to tighten, counterclockwise to loosen but its lefthand thread so it will go towards the swingarm when loosening. You loosen the larger slim nut 1st then the smaller diameter nut 2nd. I have never seen one strip ( caused by people who no not what they do ). You really have to torque it down when your tightening it, and for that large of a nut red loctite is the only way to go :macho

blakefoote
02-21-2006, 07:06 PM
thanX to evryone who helped out...but i fixed it and rode all day...lol...i figured it out about the time i got off the internet to post this....lol