PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar options

Bradracer18
02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey guys, I'm ready to get a new set of bars for my pred. I basically want a set that will help me reduce arm pump and handlebar viberations. I can't afford the flexx bars, or I'd have a set. Tell me any suggestions you have, and I'd also like to know a good set of grips(both feel good, and reduce viberation). List the bends, if they have a crossbar, if a pad comes with it....etc. I don't really want steel bars, so aluminum only please(for vibe reasons). Thanks a ton!!

Brad

Right now, I'm looking at Tag bars(not sure which specific type)...and some spyder grips(not sure which type either)....so any advice on these would help.

Racing Rice
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I bought a Trail Tech clamp and a Trail Tech Xbar CR low bend (Fat bar) for my Raptor. I bought some new Pro-Grip grips. I was amazed at how much more comfortable it felt. I really like this setup.

If you have the money, you may want to look into the Fasst Co Flexx Bar.

http://gallery.digitaldeviation.com/d/122-1/DSCF0519.JPG

PismoLocal
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I've been looking into LongHorn bars RockyMountian is selling them and they are dirt cheap but made out 7075 t-6 aluminum. Its pretty strong stuff and they have a cool looking bar pad too.

Bradracer18
02-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok thanks guys.....I'll check into those. What is the best/least viberating aluminum to get??

Anyone have any experience with Tag bars?? If so, which specific type??

Also, do you guys recommend a crossbar?

hrc
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Oury grips

Racing Rice
02-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Pro-grip gel grips do a great job of cutting down on the vibrations. I would definately look into them.

You may also want to keep an eye on ebay and see if you can find a cheaper used Anti-Vibration stem.

This will be the most outrageous idea, but it worked on our streetbikes, it should work on ATVs too. Fill the bars with sand or lead shot. Use silicon to plug the holes (if any) and dump them in. Then use silicon to seal it up. It's a cheaper solution then buying expensive bars that may work.

400exstud
02-22-2006, 04:02 PM
There is a world of a difference between my friends stock setup and my Houser +1 anti-vibe stem, Tag T2 CR double high bars, and Spider SLT grips.

With the +1 stem and the -1 bar bend my height is stock. This works good for my height.

The stem.....wasn't a planned item, however, crap happens. I had a birthday comming up and my parents wanted to know what they should get me so I suggested that I could pay for some and they could pay the rest.

The bars work great.

The grips are like glue to your hands.

jas250r
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
i got t2 tag bars came with pad but had to buy the adapters to mount them. love them to death

ontarioracer#33
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
i have tag x5's and think they are an awsome bar after a year of racing motocross they are still straight. they seem to have very little vibration and for grips i recomend the scott comp twos they also seem to be very vibration resistant