PDA

View Full Version : Were to get Cherry Bomb and other parts?

mxmike17
02-21-2006, 06:39 AM
I picked up a LTR an Saturday and im looking to find out who sells the cheery bomb, Nerfs, Kill switch and oil filters?

Any help will be much apreciated.

OKTRX450R
02-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Cherry bomb: Call Yosh direct or purchase from your dealer if he is stocking them.

Oil Filter: Same as Z400 purchase from dealer or anywhere else selling Z400 filters...site sponsors, Rocky Mountain, etc.

Nerf Bars: Looks like only Blingstar has products available and you need to call them directly. According to AC Racing's website they will have products available sometime in March.

Kill Swith: Anywhere selling kill switches...site sponsors, Rocky Mountain, etc.

jeffw3048
02-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I am making a product just like the CB from Yosh, in stock ready to ship (same day as ordered)

Z-Speed
www.jsdproducts.com

http://jsdproducts.com/zspeed.jpg

mxmike17
02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks,
Do you have contact info for Yoshi and Blingstar?

jeffw3048
02-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mxmike17
Thanks,
Do you have contact info for Yoshi and Blingstar?

Yoshimura: 909-628-4722 (ask for Doug)
Blingstar: 951=686-7827

You might wait on calling Yosh, they are leaving the dealer shop in Indy today, so most all of the people are in the air right now.

mxmike17
02-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks man.

How do you compare you Z-Speed to the cherrybomb?

Sorry I havent jumped into getting your product but I have never heard of your Company before.
I looked on your site to see if I could read some backround info but could not find any.

Dont want to sound like a jerk but I must ask. What kind of expereance do you have with FI and the quad industry?

I still may buy the Z-Speed. Just looking into it first.

Hope you understand.:cool:

This may also help others make a decision to buy the Z-speed.

mxmike17
02-21-2006, 06:24 PM
I got another?

Do you have to run race fuel with the Cherry Bomb and Z-Speed?

If so, whats the minumum octain?

spudss
02-21-2006, 06:28 PM
min is 90 octane.. It should say on the tank of the quad if you have one..

mxmike17
02-21-2006, 06:31 PM
It says 90 min. But that would be stock.

But my question is will you have to run race fuel WITH the Cherry Bomb or Z-Speed?

DezSled
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with MXMike, why would someone be a guinee pig w/ a product from someone that no one has ever heard of?
Even if the price was way cheaper would you want to take a chance? Yoshimura has made a name for themselves that speaks for themselves.

spudss
02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
shouldnt have to.. the CB is suppose to reprogram your Fi to compensate for the peeshooter and lid off..

badvox
02-21-2006, 06:39 PM
If someone would take a bomb apart its probably easily copied.
If there are zero active components then you could build one yourself.

Now that would be hilarious if it got out that the cherry bomb is a simple rc network that you can make for under $4.

Someone open one up and look or is it dipped?

jeffw3048
02-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by mxmike17
Thanks man.

How do you compare you Z-Speed to the cherrybomb?

Sorry I havent jumped into getting your product but I have never heard of your Company before.
I looked on your site to see if I could read some backround info but could not find any.

Dont want to sound like a jerk but I must ask. What kind of expereance do you have with FI and the quad industry?

I still may buy the Z-Speed. Just looking into it first.

Hope you understand.:cool:

This may also help others make a decision to buy the Z-speed.

No problem....... I supported an AMA Superbike racer for 5 years, sure its not a quad, but you do make connections that help. The person making the CB for Yosh is from the same AMA background.

Also for the last 5 years I have been doing dyno tuning here at Olathe Suzuki (metro KC).

Yes I am a small company, I do sell other f/i products for street bikes. The application is similar.

My Z-Speed is 100% the same as the CB...just looks a bit different.

badvox
02-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by jeffw3048
No problem....... I supported an AMA Superbike racer for 5 years, sure its not a quad, but you do make connections that help. The person making the CB for Yosh is from the same AMA background.

Also for the last 5 years I have been doing dyno tuning here at Olathe Suzuki (metro KC).

Yes I am a small company, I do sell other f/i products for street bikes. The application is similar.

My Z-Speed is 100% the same as the CB...just looks a bit different.

Which also leads me to believe that there are no active components. :-)

rzalewski6
02-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Call Ken's Sports at 920-788-0220. We have these Yoshi Cherry Bombs in stock ready to be shipped out.

mxmike17
02-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I tried youshi for the CB and got voice mail.
Ordered from Ken's sports Wednesday for overnight shipment and got it Thursday.

dodgepower
02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Did you get it all done yet?

mxmike17
02-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Heck ya:devil:

Way more power than I can hang on to right now,lol

Im still sour :muscle: from the Sunday before last,LMAO

We all miss ya big dawg! Got to Thank You again for doing what your doing over sea's!

I think im going to quit typing now. Im getting arm pump:D :D

dodgepower
02-27-2006, 07:32 PM
LMFAO! Understand that. Did ya keep the stock exhaust and open the baffle or a new slip on or complete?

You need to help work on the better half at letting me get rid of the cat and get one of those:devil:

Missed being there with yall. Heard it was fun except jr had a small problem but i assume all is well by now.

Thanks I appreciate it. I appreciate ya helping the better half and keeping her informed of some riding.

lscrf450
02-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Mike,

I saw you race Sunday. Arm pump didn't affect the 1st place finish. What's the real deal on the Cherry Bomb. Could you really feel that much difference in the power. In stock form it is lacking on the bottom, but you know what I just got off of. 51