PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Bolt Kit, any good?

bad01300ex
02-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Are those "465 peice" stainless bolt kits that are all over ebay any good? anybody ever bought em?

hang1p
02-21-2006, 01:19 AM
yes excellent came with a hole bunch of extras for different applications

bananas
02-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Some of the kits suck!!!!! Make sure to find out the grade of the kit.. to want grade 8 or better... Many of the kits are grade 4 and you will snap them... Than you need to get a tap kit to get them out....

TheFontMaster
02-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by hang1p
yes excellent came with a hole bunch of extras for different applications

Some of the bolts in them aren't perfect, with the kit I got, not all of the bolts for the main cases fit, or the linkage. But over all I would recomend getting one. I built my 250r from the frame up, so it helped me alot, and had just about evey bolt I needed. If I was going to buy another one, I would also look for one that had the regular bolt heads, not alen heads. I think the regular heads look cleaner, and are more convinient to work on just because I thing the ratchets, and wrenches are easier than some short skinny allen wrench.

stever250r
02-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I went with the 524 pc kit from alloyboltz. Nice hardware and good people to work with. I would recommend.

Tom TRX250R
02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Like stated above make sure to get a high grade bolt. Stainless Steel is more brittle than regular and is prone to snap. I would recommend for the important chassis parts like a-arms to go with a high grade regular steel bolt. For cosmetic parts such as the engine, stainless steel is fine.