PDA

View Full Version : does someone have Elka elite Without rebound adjus

mxracer
02-20-2006, 09:49 PM
I want to know if you feel you should have it?

moto440ex
02-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I have my elites with compression adjust only on order, they are supposed to get here on the 22nd. I'll let you know how they ride once I get them dialed in.

Rico
02-21-2006, 05:42 AM
I have the standard Race series with preload and compression only and think they work just fine. Setting rebound can become a headache.

mxracer
02-21-2006, 08:48 AM
OK Please let me know what you think when you will receive them
thanks

moto440ex
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey mxracer, I just got my shocks and everything installed and fine tuned. I took it out for a ride on some land behind my house, and all I can say is wow! Those shocks are awesome. It feels really smooth and at the same time plenty of resistance for jumps and bumps. I havent had the chance to test them out at the track yet, but when I do, i'll let you know. The elkas feel alot better than my TCS shocks did before. I dont think the rebound adjustment is really neccessary. I'm really happy with the shocks, so hope this helped with your decision.

mxracer
02-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the reply !

What level of racer are you?

Let me know how they work on the track!

Thanks

02-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mxracer
Thanks for the reply !

What level of racer are you?

Let me know how they work on the track!

Thanks

im in the open A class, i love my elkas w/o rebound adjust, i dont really see the need on the front shocks, where as i do on the rear, it may come in handy if you know what your doing though and have a shock tuner at the track to help you, i just didnt feel like messing with it on the fronts

Jersey450R
02-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Setting rebound can become a headache.

and not setting it can be a heart attack!

02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
and not setting it can be a heart attack!

ya, its really not too hard to do, the main thing is not to have it too slow or you will be bottoming out all the time, nor fast enough where it throws you off, i just felt like not fooling with it, seemed easier lol