PDA

View Full Version : Air filter help?

TCSMotorsports
02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Ok, I can't decide which filter to get for my new 450R. It is an 06 with an HRC kit and a full White Brothers Exhaust. What I can't decide between is which type of filter to get, a K&N or a UNI type filter. Please help, Pros and Cons of both.

Thanks
Sean

h-bomb450R
02-20-2006, 09:36 PM
well i race XC and i loved both of them. I run the uni now becuz i feel safer with it than i do with the K&N. But the K&N does give you more power than the uni.

With the K&N if you run an outerwear..you should have any problems. and as long as you use glue to seal it onto the boot everytime you clean it. You should be fine.

Moto92
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
UNI all the way....much easier maintance

KRMit
02-21-2006, 10:24 AM
UNI for sure! I've personally killed a Warrior with a K&N. They let grit through. I would only even think about using a K&N on maybe a street bike. No one around here runs a K&N on quads.

nowukno
02-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I run a K&N w/outerwear and i think it works great. You just have to keep up with maintnance a little better than the UNI. If you do get a K&N be sure you clean/oil it regulary and you won't have any issues.

JIMTED79
02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I have run K&N my hole life and have ridden in dirt and sand. Never had any problems but I did clean and oil them after every ride. Now on my 480R for the first time ever I'm running a UNI and like it just as much, if there is a power loss I could not feel it.