PDA

View Full Version : scrambler suspension

DOHC
02-20-2006, 06:23 PM
do u belive a stock 2000 scrambler can jump with out craking the frame or any other problems and if not is there any suspension upgrades i can get for (i checked elka but i dont see anything?) please help me out here:confused:

NacsMXer
02-20-2006, 06:35 PM
IDK about jumping with those. I've seen swingers break and axles snap off right at the hubs. You would be ok for minor jumping but nothing serious over like 6 feet of air. Of course it all depends on how smooth you land..

400exrider_ed
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
I bought a scrambler for my ole lady cause it was automatic and all, she hit a small bump/jump and the hole tranny exploded. Dealer fixed under waranty said not made for abuse. Abuse she was goin slow as a snail and maybe 3" off the ground. Well a few weeks later she nailed a big washout hole and the tranny blew apart again with the swinger and the side of the frame where it bolts together. Those bolts have huge heads but are about 5/8 size. Any ways we sold that POS and am curretly shopping for a 250ex buts she wants a KFX700. And yes we bought the scrambler brand new and no she isnt a thousand pounder about 100 at the most. Good luck.

DOHC
02-20-2006, 07:06 PM
thanks for the imput, maybe i buy a predator or 400ex or something

drifterx
02-20-2006, 08:09 PM
I think its like AEN performance or something makes parts for scramblers, sports, and trailblazers. They make another shock obsorber that mounts on your a-arms along with the stocker, with no welding i think. Suppose to help a lot.

But i'd go with a new quad if you want to jump. imo

<DRS>GPF
02-21-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by DOHC
do u belive a stock 2000 scrambler can jump with out craking the frame or any other problems and if not is there any suspension upgrades i can get for (i checked elka but i dont see anything?) please help me out here:confused:

i had a sport 400 and 2 of my buddies had scramblers (the 400-4wd and the 500-4wd)
the 400 scrambler had lots of mods but the others were stock..

we got air..
took them to the Badlands and local tracks all the time..

the most that ever happened was the 400 scrambler (like a 98, prior to shaft-drive fronts) would always break the front chain at least once..