PDA

View Full Version : How to make your 450r SHUT UP?

czrider263
02-20-2006, 01:19 PM
So i live in a town with no sound Ordinance. But my one neibor that thinks that they are WAY to loud. I don't ride in the morning or night so IDK. I have a rossier long can so its not the loudest quad buy it ain't stock 50cc quad. I don't want to stop riding so what can i do to make it less loud.

Flynbryan19
02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Put the stock exhaust back on.

02-20-2006, 01:24 PM
ya about all you can do is go back to stock man

450r51
02-20-2006, 01:26 PM
get the quiet core insert if they make one for it. and since ur not braking the law i dont see y u have to change it.

czrider263
02-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Will putting the stock exhaust make my engine run really bad? i have a piston porting cam ignition hot coil airfilter and some other stuff.

02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
you'll notice a huge loss power wise and you prob. arent jetted for it anymore

xx3003xrdrxx
02-20-2006, 01:30 PM
no noise ordinance , who cares ! Dont worry about it you cant get into any trouble ;)

czrider263
02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I just don't want to piss people off

450r51
02-20-2006, 01:38 PM
making one person or family mad is not that big of a deal.

czrider263
02-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Maybe i will try and put my stock pipe back on GRRRRR. Heres a few pics of my yard.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/czrider263/_021906_1431c.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/czrider263/_021906_1423a.jpg

MR.BIG
02-20-2006, 01:56 PM
NO way would I put the stock exhaust back on. By a different exhaust that isn't that loud. I know white brothers makes a quiet series as fas as power output I don't know though.

h400exrydr
02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
yea with all of them things done to ur motor i wouldnt put the stock back on. i would probably sell the pipe and get one with a quiet core. the thing probably wont run for crap with the stocker back on. but im not sure.mayb u could jus buy a high flow header and then put the stock slip on back on?¿ good luck

HAVOK
02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
If I was you I would call everybody I know who has a dirtbike, atv,gokart, gas Rc car, and I would have them rip it up while I would cut the grass and and weed wacked every weed I could find starting 8am sunday morning. Do that for one day and I think they would be glad to hear next week its just you out there.

DieselBoy
02-20-2006, 03:23 PM
LOL@HAVOK!!!!!

czrider263
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Anyone want to come over next sunday at 8am and ride till 10pm LOL. Maybe i will have to buy another stock bike to ride around h ville. i did have a stock 06 450r but that is gettin a rossier shorty even louder lol.

compedge
02-20-2006, 03:53 PM
buy your neighbor ear plugs for $.99 lol

yellow400ex05
02-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Duded if u ride on ur yard he can't do jack sh^t, and its only one person soo who cares.

compedge
02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
In Massachusetts there is a noise ordinance. My freind thought the same thing. When his neighbor told him his kids bikes were to loud he told them to go f' himself. An hour later the enviermental police showed up and gave him a writen warning.
I think thats bullsht.

xx3003xrdrxx
02-20-2006, 04:09 PM
holy **** 250ex , take all that stupid **** out of your signature ! It takes up half of a page . NO1 wants to read the conversations you and your buddys have and trying to sound funny. Its not funny at all just annoying! Just put 250ex or something not everything you wanna get and quotes and aim convos :rolleyes:

yellow400ex05
02-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
holy **** 250ex , take all that stupid **** out of your signature ! It takes up half of a page . NO1 wants to read the conversations you and your buddys have and trying to sound funny. Its not funny at all just annoying! Just put 250ex or something not everything you wanna get and quotes and aim convos :rolleyes:

How about i don\'t, and say i did.

K-Dub
02-20-2006, 04:28 PM
When I bought my Rossier, I asked about sound because I do alot of night riding in the summer. The short can with the sparky and good packing was 99, with nothing 101. They said I could get a yoshi quiet core for it and it would lower sound to 97 with minimal power loss, less than 2 horse. I believe stock is 96 and alot more restricting. Now this is for the short can they said you could knock 1 off each number for the long can.
If it was me I would get a yoshi quiet core and ride it.

450rJam
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Maybe try stock with hrc end cap ? not best performance but it could be a half-way point between quiet and performance. I'm sure you could sell the rossie for more than enough to get it.

Kilabanshee
02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Alex you remember how loud my sparks racing exhaust was? I rode my quad everyday for 1-2 hours and sometimes pretty late at night. No one gave me sh1t! If they come up to you tell them to go home or get a lawyer!

02-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Yellow250ex04
How about i don\'t, and say i did.

Hardass with ur "haul @ss fast 250ex!!!"

emaxxjeremy
02-20-2006, 05:43 PM
i bought the wb E2 pipe just for that reason. with the quiet core in it isnt bad at all. probably almost the same as the hrc end cap.

xx3003xrdrxx
02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Hardass with ur "haul @ss fast 250ex!!!"

lmao yah . His signature is about as cool as he is :)

450RGNCC
02-20-2006, 06:18 PM
czrider, I think that you should find everyone on this site that has the TC shorty exhaust and the should come to you house to ride for a day:D. The golfers behind my house get pretty mad at me, but theres NOTHING they can do:D

eagertorace
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
So i live in a town with no sound Ordinance. But my one neibor that thinks that they are WAY to loud. I don't ride in the morning or night so IDK. I have a rossier long can so its not the loudest quad buy it ain't stock 50cc quad. I don't want to stop riding so what can i do to make it less loud.

tell your neighbor to wear ear plugs....
but warn him first.

Burnt12
02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
i just bought a Rossier pipe too and Joe told me that he has found that a Supertrapp disc end cap bolts right up to his exhaust. he says that it quiets it down to about 96 and actually has a power gain very miniable though. i think he is selling them for $70 or so

motox450r
02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
tell your neighbor that if he doesn't like clean holesome fun, you'll start throwing keggers and partying down with some drugs. i think that noise will start sounding good.

Eric_Winkworth
02-21-2006, 06:25 AM
People always need something to complain about, it is human nature, Your neighbor will be on some other trip next week.

I was gonna say man you own a 450R you don't have to ever worry about getting in trouble you just hit that throttle and leave anything and just about everything in your roost, then I read you ride in your yard. Alot of people don't have that luxury.

Buy your nieghbor a case of beer or go talk to him about it, can't hurt.

02-21-2006, 10:13 AM
i agree....it's your property and you can do what you want.
but, don't be obnoxious about it.
you guys that go over-board are the ones fueling the motion to make bikes quiet.

DieselBoy
02-21-2006, 05:06 PM
isnt noise the #1 reason they close riding spots? Keep your damn bike quiet so we all don't have to pay for it. Really what good is that noise? it doesn't make you look cool.

All the neighbor needs to do is pick up the phone file a noise complaint and a cop will turn up at the wrong time. But people are way to anal about dirtbikes/atv noise (even those that are not loud)

02-22-2006, 09:52 AM
if people keep taking this "i don't give a sh**" attitude, pretty soon we'll all be confined to our yards.

how much fun would that be?? "see you later, honey. I'm going to go take a ride around the yard. be back in 5 minutes."

too many people (who have no respect) running around on loud bikes.

400excracer
02-22-2006, 11:26 AM
no noise ordinance , who cares ! Dont worry about it you cant get into any trouble ;) Attitudes like this are the reason we are having a hard place finding places to ride. There are a lot of exhaust companies with quiet versions of their exhaust. Also, talk to the neighbor and ask if there is anything you can do to make them happy. Sometimes it just takes them knowing that you care about doing the right thing that makes the difference.

DieselBoy
02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I totally agree. :)

exrider44
02-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I would get all the people I know with Choppers to drive up and down the street. lol see how they like that noise!:devil: People will always complain about something.

xx3003xrdrxx
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Attitudes like this are the reason we are having a hard place finding places to ride. There are a lot of exhaust companies with quiet versions of their exhaust. Also, talk to the neighbor and ask if there is anything you can do to make them happy. Sometimes it just takes them knowing that you care about doing the right thing that makes the difference.

In the pics in his " yard " it looks like he doesnt live to close to his neighbors . If hes in a " neighborhood " with people and there is no ordiance then i dont see the problem in taking your bike for a sping occasionally? I dont think hes looking for new riding areas in his neighborhood . I understand where your coming from but its not like if he rides around his yard for a few minutes that people are going to shut down riding areas . Go ahead and defend yourself and call me an idiot again... :( :( :(

Troyer23J
02-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Well, at least we got a few smart comments at the end of this thread. All these people that say "Oh, he can't do sh1t!" and "You should get everyone you know out there to ride" ...... C'mon guys, use your heads. He can easily call the cops, and even though you arent breaking any rules, the cops will still come out, prolly tell you to try to respect him more, then he will call them again, and again, and eventually they are going to get fed up and do something about it. If he is a persistant guy, I would be willing to bet he could go to the city and get some sort of noise ordinance passed. They same people that are sitting in the city buildings making rules are the same ones that dont like our louder toys. Keep that in mind. You take a room full of 50-70 year olds, a noise ordinance, if brought up, would pass pretty quickly....

Now that is taking it to the extreme, but I am just saying, if someone has a problem, try to work it out with them, instead opf making more and more people hate our sport.

To the one that started this thread, good to see you looking for ways to work with this guy, I know its not what you want to do, but, if everyone was willing to make a few changes and not be so hard headed, we would have a lot more places to ride.

Ok, Im done.

02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
well said

400excracer
02-23-2006, 11:35 AM
In the pics in his " yard " it looks like he doesnt live to close to his neighbors . If hes in a " neighborhood " with people and there is no ordiance then i dont see the problem in taking your bike for a sping occasionally? I dont think hes looking for new riding areas in his neighborhood . I understand where your coming from but its not like if he rides around his yard for a few minutes that people are going to shut down riding areas . Go ahead and defend yourself and call me an idiot again... :( :( :( I never said you are an idiot. You brought that up yourself. Sounds like you have a complex. lol Anyways, all I said was talk to the guy and see if there is a better time ride, or some other solution. Piss everybody off and there will be an ordinance.