PDA

View Full Version : Install the Toomey on Blaster not running good.

brian12
02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey, install the pipes/ exhaust but not opening up.. Changed the jet #340, change to the three grove on needle, airpilot needle 3/4 turn from full in, K&n filter, did everything according to the toomey's instruction....does anyone has the answers why the blaster not opening up(bolging) when i hit the throttle?????

42F67N
02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
340 main is to big"even though thats not the cause of the low end bog" the toomey comes with a 310 if thats what ya meant,when i lived in florida i had the toomey set up on my blaster did everything according to toomey specs and the blaster ran like crap down low,called toomey up talked to them on the phone and i quote" the airbox vents are restrictive and the toomey kit was acually made to be run without the airlid on the quad"

I removed my lid and the quad came alive ,now when i moved back north here i redid a new lid with only 8 of there vents and removed the snorkel and the bike ran dead on with the lrd dyno jet kit.

buy a lrd dyno jet kit and install the needle from the kit my blaster was a 03 which is a diffrent needle then earlier on blaster and i lost a top end on it due to leaning out in the mid range with the needle clipped in the 3rd postion,the lrd needle is longer and has a diffrent taper on it.

brian12
02-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Somehow i thought it was a #310 jet that was with the kit.....but it was a 340#jet that i installed...this is a easy fix...thnxs

42F67N
02-21-2006, 04:34 AM
No problem check my sig out also for a good site fulla blaster info.