PDA

View Full Version : Evans Waterless Coolant

HondaRider250
02-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I decided to put new coolant in my kfx to fix the corrosion problems. i had engine ice and i heard it still corrodes becuase it has water in it. I know evans is waterless so i wont have any corrosion problems. my question is which one do i go with? the NPG-R, NPG+, or the NPG? also, whats is the best way to drain all of my previous coolant outta my engine?

HondaRacer300ex
02-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Get the new clutch cover. It's worth the trouble that may happen.

It's only 150 at www.Ronnies.com, and it's not hard to install.

HondaRider250
02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
well im a little short on money right now...i was told evans coolant will fix the problem if i flush the system properly. im buying the coolant and the prep fluid. if i take the pump cover off, do i need to buy a new gasket too? if yes, where can i get a new gasket?

redrunner
02-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by HondaRider250
well im a little short on money right now...i was told evans coolant will fix the problem if i flush the system properly. im buying the coolant and the prep fluid. if i take the pump cover off, do i need to buy a new gasket too? if yes, where can i get a new gasket?

Evans will stop the corrosion but you should als get the prep fluid to get rid of the water, which is part of the problem.

No you don't need a new pump cover seal it is a rubber ring just do not marr it up when you remove cover.