PDA

View Full Version : Companies that Build Quads ?!?!?!

Quad18star
02-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Can you guys give me a list of different companies that build race quads for the general public ?? I've been contemplating having a company build me a quad instead of building one up myself . It'll most likely be a woods racing bike (XC Racing ) since I just found out that there are actually XC races held not too far from home .

I know K and K ATv and East Coast ATV build bikes for people but what other companies do it also?

Thanks guys and girls !!!:)

QuadR8cer12
02-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Johnny hale at JH racing built the quad I am about to buy.

www.j-hracing.com

bansheeguy77
02-19-2006, 09:11 PM
lost creek builds bikes too

TheFontMaster
02-19-2006, 09:15 PM
So what happened to getting the Grizzly.

Quad18star
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
So what happened to getting the Grizzly.

It'll happen once I get rid of the YFZ . It was supposed to be sold this past Friday ... I went to the dealership to sign the papers and all ... the guy came in and couldn't get approved by the bank for a loan ... needless to say I'm still the owner of a YFZ . :ermm:

The XC machine would be something I'd buy later on ... towards the end of the year ... but I'm curious as to how much a race bike would cost to have built ... so a list of companies would be awesome so I can start making calls . :devil:

dangle
02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
East Coast Atv built my hybrid....

Mike

honduh440
02-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
Johnny hale at JH racing built the quad I am about to buy.

www.j-hracing.com

honda?

quadrcr161
02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
why do you not want to build it yourself? i dont know if i could pay someone to put togeather a quad for me.

FHKracingZ
02-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Codys Custom Quads or somename like that is in IL. He does a great job , and has good prices.

dangle
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
why do you not want to build it yourself? i dont know if i could pay someone to put togeather a quad for me.

Some people don't have the time, space or tools required to build a quad from the ground up.... Then some just have enough money so they don't have to hassle with it...

Mike

prepracing
02-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Hope u have deep pockets....ever seen the price of these custom built quads by from custom quad shops ? There are so many out there and I can't seem to remember any. K & K, lost creekcycles, ATVfourplay, eastcoastatv, > I bet u could ask Pappy or C & D racing on hear and they would know a handful of places you could inquire about building an XC quad.

QuadR8cer12
02-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
honda?

yes honda

Quad18star
02-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161

Because in the long run , it will be cheaper to have it built than to do it all myself . You have to take into account that I live in a different country than where most parts are manufactured... so that means I pay a higher exchange rate , then duties at the border , brokerage fees at the border, shipping. In the end , it works out to a huge bill .

Having a shop build me a quad , I can have them give me a bill for $2000 on a $20 000 machine and only have to pay the taxes and stuff on that amount of money .

I had $4000 worth of stuff on my YFZ , and all I had really was a pipe , Hipers which I got a deal on , nerfs that I bought used , handlebars and cosmetics .... I'll save money buying ready-built. :D

jrd426
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
call joe at jrd racing-856-881-5299.they build great bikes and will have it to you in no time flat.they do a yamaha,honda,suzuki,what ever you want!!!

Pappy
02-20-2006, 07:30 AM
You let me know what you want and i will have one for ya;)

Quad18star
02-20-2006, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
You let me know what you want and i will have one for ya;) [/QUOTE

Sounds good .

Off the top of your head , what would be a rough price on say a build up like the 450r you did or a YFZ or any type of XC machine . I know prices vary with different aftermarket parts used but let's say the money was comming out of your pocket and you wanted a decent competitive machine . I'm by no means a pro rider ... far from it .... so I wouldn't need all the hightech stuff that some of these guys run like the Elka Track system shocks ( I wouldn't know where to begin tunning them or even notice a difference in ride) .

02-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by honduh440
honda?

Johnny Hale can build anything you want, Honda, Yamaha, etc. Makes no difference if you want an aftermarket frame or base it off a stock bike like a TRX450R, he can build anything you want. Obviously if you need or want an aftermarket frame, that may take him a while to get. If you base it off a stock frame, he gussets the frame in it's stress points, and they are different depending if it's a Honda or Yamaha.

He'll let you know what setup he likes, what setup he knows works, what setup he knows doesn't work, etc. A-arms, shocks, rear end linkage/swingarms. He knows what works best, what items takes a while to get, what items he can get in a hurry, etc.

JH Racing is the best out there!!!!!!!!

Titanium
02-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Alba

punker69q
02-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Buy your parts from splash'n dirt in montreal, they sell rp evolution parts that are made in canada

Quad18star
02-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by punker69q
Buy your parts from splash'n dirt in montreal, they sell rp evolution parts that are made in canada

Other than the RP Evolution parts , Splash n Dirt marks their prices WAY up . I called them looking for a Curtis Sparks pipe ... they wanted $800CND plus shipping for it . I called up Legacy ATV and for that same $800CND I was able to get the full pipe , air filter with adapter and 2 t-shirts shipped and duties . Legacy seems to really be helping out Canadian racers a lot more . Last year 3 guys up here in my area were sponsored by them .... this year I heard they are sponsoring a few more ... and they'll knock a percentage off if you tell them you're from Canada cuz they know we have to pay brokerage and duties.