PDA

View Full Version : Kazuma 110 motor question

Olsen
02-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I bought my son a Wildfire 110 and it has the kazuma 110 motor in it. Here is my question when he rides it one time it will have alot of power and the next time it will bog down what could be causing this.

spliffy
02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Try changing the spark plug to a NGK C7HSA, also you may have a dirty carb, these Chinese carbs can gum up when you first get them until they break in, take the bowl off the carb & spray carb cleaner up into the bottom of the carb...Try the plug first though. :)

Olsen
02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey thanks I will try that. That is something that I didn't think of with it being brand new. Thanks again I will let you know if it works.

badvox
02-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Its because they dont clean and treat the gas tanks correctly or at least all of the tanks.

Here is one thing I also learned of all of the ones that had this problem (for me anyway) it was the people that put gas in it rode it for 5 minutes to check it out then let it sit for a couple weeks.

What i tried to tell everyone was if you put gas in it run through a full tank and none of those poeple that did that had the gum problem.

Olsen
02-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Well we think we have found the problem or should I say problems. The Wildfire has a design flaw with the air box. The air intake is to open to the fenders and allowed water to get in. The air filter is a flat design and let the water lay on it and freeze. Which also let water in the carb. that also froze. We are going to look at it and see if there is a way to mod. the air intake to improve the splash protection.

badvox
02-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Olsen
Well we think we have found the problem or should I say problems. The Wildfire has a design flaw with the air box. The air intake is to open to the fenders and allowed water to get in. The air filter is a flat design and let the water lay on it and freeze. Which also let water in the carb. that also froze. We are going to look at it and see if there is a way to mod. the air intake to improve the splash protection.

Design problem? There is no design at all. You found a problem
I am sure and i am sure you will fix it but there is definitely no design going on with these.

The best thing that could happen is all of the owners getting lists of mods together and posting them here like you are.