PDA

View Full Version : Which pipe for ESR 330r set up?

wavekrasher
02-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm building a new ESR 330r. I chose TRX9 porting for mid range /top end compromise. I am planning to drag race a good bit, but want to have a decent mid range left also. I picked the ESR reeds and the ESR 40.5 gas carb. I have the race gas dome that is focused on top end (they have two race gas domes for either top or bottom range). I had an FMF rev (gold series) pipe already with my stock cylinder and it ran great at the drags and still had some mid range. Will this pipe still work or as my displacement goes up, the need for more pipe will also go up? I am also adding a 200watt Ricky Stator and a Janssen coil. I have picked parts from both the mid to top range hoping for a decent in between with the ability to rev up high. If I picked a different pipe, what would you reccomend? A friend runs a Sparks TT pipe with a similar set up. The ESR trx11 is a natural choice I suppose. I really want to hear from someone that is running something close to this with some other pipes.
Thanks, Chuck

beerock
02-20-2006, 11:35 PM
i havent really heard good things about esr's porting or the "whale pipe"

what you need to do is find dyna pipe or soemthing like that and they make copy cats curtis sparlks big bore pipes. TT and MX

i run a CSR TT for now and also have the MX but i have a bud who is holding a CSR TT copy cat dyna pipe or somethin(i forget the name) but they will make huge gains over all the other pipes.