PDA

View Full Version : 05 KFX400 lug nut question

42F67N
02-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I just bought a 05 kfx400 it has a set of aftermarket itp wheels on it the quad didnt come with the orginal wheels,heres my question im gonna buy some douglas 125. alum wheels and throw some paddles on them will the lug nuts that im using on the itp wheels work on a douglas wheel?

reason i ask is because ive never seen the stock lugnut of a kfx400 to judge it off of.

PulseCharger400
02-19-2006, 06:46 PM
the stock lugs on the z have a cone to them... i cant really explain it but its pretty much a regular lug then it has half a cone on one side that goes into the hole a little bit with stock rims... when i purchases itp t-9 baja aftermarket rims, i needed to use a washer and regualr flat lug..
hope this is helpful

YFZ450Ridr
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
on most after market rims it requires a flat lug nut. the 'cone' part pulsecharger400 is trying to describe is made to fit into the stock rims. yes the lugnuts will work but put the flat side of the nut againts the rim, not the tapered 'cone' part.

if you put the tapered side down on an aftermarket aluminum rim, it somehow makes the hole smaller because the tapered part is pushing down on the hole.

42F67N
02-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I was thinking about it and decided to buy the paddles and buy a extra set of the same itp rims so it all matches,thanks for the info though i appreciate it.