PDA

View Full Version : Rode one.

ThumPIN_450R
02-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I got the chance to take a few hot laps on an LT-R and it some what dissapointed me. The suspension on this thing is the stiffest I've ever been on and I felt that it had a bit of push in the front end. (this was on a soft sandy mx track) It also didn't pull as hard out of corners as my TRX but my TRX also has a cam and pipe on it. It has potential but I think that it will need the typicall suspension mods and some motor work to get it on par with a full race built YFZ or TRX that suzuki was claiming it would do stock. It does however start and run on it's own which is more than I can vouch for with my honda :chinese:

jfarrar30
02-19-2006, 06:36 PM
what was done to the ltr.i would say i have to disagree with you.i ran mine for the first time agains 450r's yf's and 2 450honda hybrids.all the quads had full pipes and cam mods and far from stock.(mine was the wuietest one there)my quad had the sparky out lid off and cherry bomb.i actually felt i was gonna be underpowered.there was a decent size double right out of a corner that was a true power jump and the only ones that could clear it cleanly were me and the two hybrids.same for the tripple they had.land the table and put it to the wood.everyone else was bouncing off the top at best.with the yoshi pipe on the quad it is 10 times better i cant wait to be able to safely run that

ThumPIN_450R
02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
This was 100% stock, I'm sure it will get much better with mods that's why I said it has potential but I felt let down a bit with it's performance after hearing all the hype but that is my personal opinion so you can take that for what it is. I just think I would be better off to pick up an 05 TRX for 5 grand and put suspension all the way around it and still come out money ahead in the deal.

Racing Rice
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I've heard a lot of people say that the stock settings on the LTR are to firm. All of them that said that, also said with some adjusting they were able to get it to feel really good. Maybe that would have worked for you as well.

rh250r
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
In stock form the motor is held back by the baffle and air box lid, but when you spend $40.00 on the cherry bomb remove the air box lid and baffle the bike wakes up big time. I rode mine at the track totaly stock last weekend and thought the same thing, this weekend I rode it with the cherry bomb and what a difference, the bike pulled very hard and was just as fast if not faster than my friends 450r with pipe, filter, and cam.
As for the suspension with a little tuning it can be soften up quite a bit. It does come very stiff from factory.

jfarrar30
02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
i agree withthe sparky and that in it is pretty much a dog but what quad wouldnt be thad like thatat restricted.it is quieter than a utility quad like that.lol

slosh13
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey JAson hows it going man? I havent talked to you in ages. I heard you got a new zuki, hows she treatin ya compared to the cannondale? Get in touch me, you, brian, and michelle are definately gonna have to hook up this year and ride. I miss the good ol' days:D

370kingR
02-21-2006, 04:24 AM
Well i finally got mine and let me tell you guys who have only ridin it in completly stuffed up in stock form...its an entirely different quad without the pea shooter, the lid removed, and that cherry bomb in there. Night and day. No stock trx is keeping up with the lt-r when doing those simple 10 minute mods.

Yes in stock form it is so quiet it sounds like a utility quad. It has zero top end because its breathing through a straw at both ends. Just no comparison.

Wait till the cams come off the assembly lines and some 14:1 pistons and a selection of exhausts. Im not jumping on the Yosh pipe yet. I want to see who makes what and have a better selection. I know this, its not going to be trinity!

I have a very good feeling we will have our way with most stock bore machines.....

el diablo
02-21-2006, 10:20 AM
It looks like it would be cramped for tall guys like me (6'2) I'm very cramped on a yfz so I can only imagine how it is on that :)

I'd love to get one or ride one someday though!

Racing Rice
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by el diablo
It looks like it would be cramped for tall guys like me (6'2) I'm very cramped on a yfz so I can only imagine how it is on that :)

There is actually suppose to be more room compared to the YFZ, and the bars are suppose to be taller. I need to go to the Suzuki dealer and sit on one, if I can find one.

TCracin440ex
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by el diablo

im 6'1 and i went to my dealer today and sat on the LT-R450 and i was mighty impressed with it...peg position felt right, seat was excellent, and the bar height was right...im used to tag bars so the stock bars felt a lil wierd...but with an aftermarket set of bars this thing would be perfect for any tall guy....

meanwhile the yfz i feel as if my knees are crammed to my head on that thing the peg position not nearly low enough...

i like honda but when i sat on the 450r i felt the peg position is fine but i also felt that the stock bars were WAY to low i felt like i was reaching down to tie my shoes when i was holding on the handlebars of the 450r...to fix that it would require a taller stem/or risers....with a high bend handlebar...

TCracin440ex
02-21-2006, 03:40 PM
as much as i like honda im a lil ashamed to say but i think suzuki hit the nail right on the head with this bike....if i get a chance to ride the 2 and compare i will get whichever i feel right on and feel has the most power

jfarrar30
02-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
Hey JAson hows it going man? I havent talked to you in ages. I heard you got a new zuki, hows she treatin ya compared to the cannondale? Get in touch me, you, brian, and michelle are definately gonna have to hook up this year and ride. I miss the good ol' days:D

im lovin it bro.we will definetly hook up soon.you going to georgia?

rh250r
02-22-2006, 08:01 AM
I'm 6'1 and the bike is very comfortalbe, I did change the bars for some tags and they feel great. Pegs feel great as well.

Warnerade
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
there is a lot more room on the lt-r than on a yfz...

for me, the suspension felt fine for me...and my first time riding it was on an MX track...granted, I am a bit heavier, weighing in at 200...i didnt go full speed, becuase the track is advanved and this is my first time riding since may after a broken ankle..so once i get on a track im more comfortable on, I will be able to fine tune them.

ThumPIN_450R
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM
I got another chance to put some more time on one. This time it was with a cherry bomb and a yosh pipe and I was still unimpressed. It did run extremely well but I still don't see a reason to justify getting it over a TRX or YFZ with there much cheaper price tags. I also don't trust EFI at all on a race quad. Seeing this coming with EFI before a dirtbike has it makes me think ZUK is using this as a guinea pig for the bike but that is just my personnal opinion.

Racing Rice
02-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I I also don't trust EFI at all on a race quad. Seeing this coming with EFI before a dirtbike has it makes me think ZUK is using this as a guinea pig for the bike but that is just my personnal opinion.

Yeah, never mind the fact that they have been using fuel injection on SuperSport bikes for how long now?:rolleyes: Oh... Since the mid-90s. Lets not forget that BMW has had Fuel Injected motorcycles since the 70s. Fuel injection is not new technology, even on small displacement motors.

They probably used it on quads before bikes because you are going to needs a REALLY small and light setup on a dirtbike. The little extra weight and space requirements are easy to get away with on a quad.

Jersey450R
02-27-2006, 07:28 AM
I was not impressed either at opening practice at the track yesterday. seemed like just another trx or yfz to me. my buddy cameron took a few laps on this guys and said, "feels like a stock 450R to me". the kid had 5 rides on it and the paint on the frame was already gone from his boots. what i did like about the bike was the way the rear suspension felt. really really nice. the seat looked very nice and thick but when i sat on it i immediatly thought to myself, "oh no, another yfz". the controls felt good but i felt like i was sitting on "top" of the bike, rather than "in" the bike. we'll have to see what suzuki brings for 07' when they work out the bugs. right now, its a nice quad, but definitly needs a bit or R&D.

ThumPIN_450R
02-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Yeah, never mind the fact that they have been using fuel injection on SuperSport bikes for how long now?:rolleyes: Oh... Since the mid-90s. Lets not forget that BMW has had Fuel Injected motorcycles since the 70s. Fuel injection is not new technology, even on small displacement motors.

They probably used it on quads before bikes because you are going to needs a REALLY small and light setup on a dirtbike. The little extra weight and space requirements are easy to get away with on a quad.

EFI has never been used in an application where it takes the continued beating of motocross racing. Ya so what it's in street bikes who cares. With as often as we wash these quads after a motocross what would happen say a connection corrodes with all the water going over it? I'm just not fully sold on the idea and the thing feels heavy when I ride it. I had high hopes and aspirations of buying one but now that I have rode one I think I will stick with the Honda. Especially after reading other threads in this forum of other guys breaking them already.

Racing Rice
02-27-2006, 09:52 AM
With as often as we wash these quads after a motocross what would happen say a connection corrodes with all the water going over it?

I suppose those big EFI Sport Utes that they ride down rivers and mud holes deep enough to cover the ATV dont get wet and abused either? Come on man, technology isn't that bad. There are advantages and disadvantages of both.

I wouldn't see any reason to switch from your Honda if your happy with it unless you just wanted fuel injection, which it doesn't sound like you do.

jason14x
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey this forums here for you guys to express your opinions so its ggod you do. I personally for the extra couple hundred dollars over the TRX and YFZ will gladly pay to get the wider a-arms, heavier duty swingarm and race designed axle, To purchase this stuff after you by the other bikes is an additional grand on top of the money you "saved" buying your bikes.

As far as the EFI the utility quad example was good, as well as the constant side to side sloshing and leaning of the street bikes. Another example is snocross. A lot of the snocross sledds use EFI now and they take a constant pounding during those events. im not bashing anyone here just saying I think aside from an occasional sensor or pump issue EFI is no less reliable than a carburetor.

Itas all a matter of preference you buy what you like and so on. I have bever bought a first year model closest i came was the redesigned 1987 Quadracer 250 they went with an all new frame and motor as well as rear suspension....didnt have any problems. As someone elsewhere said theres lemons in every batch of machines that roll off of any assembly lines in any product . What separates the companies is your dealer and what they and the manufactuer do to help you out. Believe me you have any major issues you yell loud enough up the ivory tower to Suzuki, Honda, Kawi, Yamaha youll get somewhere ! ( you threaten most places with a lawyer and youd be amazed what youll get) ! Just make sure its legitimate becasue bogus bull**** claims cost us all momay in the long run!

Jason

jfarrar30
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
EFI has never been used in an application where it takes the continued beating of motocross racing. Ya so what it's in street bikes who cares. With as often as we wash these quads after a motocross what would happen say a connection corrodes with all the water going over it? I'm just not fully sold on the idea and the thing feels heavy when I ride it. I had high hopes and aspirations of buying one but now that I have rode one I think I will stick with the Honda. Especially after reading other threads in this forum of other guys breaking them already.

i raced a cannondale wich id fi for four years on an mx track.alot faster and harder than most of you here can ride.never had a problem with anything fuel related.catbs are history boys get over it.

Warnerade
02-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
i raced a cannondale wich id fi for four years on an mx track.alot faster and harder than most of you here can ride.never had a problem with anything fuel related.catbs are history boys get over it. and you might be? no one cares if you can "ride harder than most of us here" becuase its the internet...and no one knows who you are anyway:ermm:

91LT250R
02-27-2006, 11:17 PM
You're wrong. Snowmobiles have fuel injection and they are raced and jumped and they get wet all the time. Some people are afraid of technology, but I certainly am not. Stick with your Honda. I'm sure Honda will be updating to fuel injection in the near future. Fuel injection is the future.

jfarrar30
02-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
and you might be? no one cares if you can "ride harder than most of us here" becuase its the internet...and no one knows who you are anyway:ermm:

i dont care if you care or not tough guy but i have put fuel injection through plenty of abuse and its more than reliable.funny i didnt see you on nacs website anywhere

ThumPIN_450R
02-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by 91LT250R
You're wrong. Snowmobiles have fuel injection and they are raced and jumped and they get wet all the time. Some people are afraid of technology, but I certainly am not. Stick with your Honda. I'm sure Honda will be updating to fuel injection in the near future. Fuel injection is the future.

I actually happen to own one of these fuel injected snomobiles and I have yet to pound the hell out of it on a sandy whooped out motocross track. I just don't fully trust it yet on a MX quad and besides all that EFI garbage I didn't like riding it either :blah:

jason14x
02-28-2006, 08:57 AM
I wasnt insinuating that anyone had or hadnt riddien an EFI sled I'm just saying if you watch snocross you would see thatmost of those tracks are as rough if not rougher than most MX courses and the sleds never seem to whimper at all. Anywyas thats all I was saying to each there own!!!!

Jason

Warnerade
02-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jfarrar30
i dont care if you care or not tough guy but i have put fuel injection through plenty of abuse and its more than reliable.funny i didnt see you on nacs website anywhere ok...i never said EFI wasnt reliable...i dont know where your getting your info from, but your source lied to you. funny, i never once said i was sponsored by nacs either...so once again, you've been proved an idiot for making false accusations...

jfarrar30
02-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
ok...i never said EFI wasnt reliable...i dont know where your getting your info from, but your source lied to you. funny, i never once said i was sponsored by nacs either...so once again, you've been proved an idiot for making false accusations...

ok then why do you but into a thread that has nothing to do with you?i was giving an example of how hard i have ridden a fuel injected quad in an mx enviroment wothout a problem.not trying to put anyone down or say they are slow or i am the fastest man alive.and excuse me mister ''WANNABE'' nacsracer lmao.....your the idiot

Warnerade
02-28-2006, 07:32 PM
your right, i am the idiot.

The point i was trying to prove is that no one actualy cares if you have put EFI through its "test" by riding it harder than most on this site...you could have just said "i have ridden efi very hard, and have yet to have a problem" and simply left out the fact that you ride harder than most people here. If you would have jsut left out the little ego boost, this topic would still be on topic, we would not be having this debate. Yes, i am a wanna be nacsracer i guess...made the name when i was 13, didnt care then, dont care now...and it stuck on me.

tone
03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I personally cant believe its taken this long to get efi on sport quads I had it on a 2001 sea doo an never had a problem with it it was way smoother an way better economy rode it in very rough water submerged it no problem so washing a quad with it would be no big deal