PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!!!!

ThumPIN_450R
02-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I just blew up my 5th motor in less than a 12 months. This is a huge accomplishment and I think that there will be an award ceremony held just for this occasion. I will keep you all updated and let you know when and where you can get tickets to the ceremony.

macsolocam
02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
How about blowing up 2 motors within 2 hours of each other...:eek2:

That's what happened to me at the oakhill national....:(

Taking donations>>>>

Cylinder
Crank
Piston
Valves
ect........

:mad:

RedRacer44
02-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I'd look into a different motor builder :rolleyes:

Aaron, what happened to your motor? What caused it to go south? I was wondering why your bike was just sitting there and didnt move all weekend.....

ThumPIN_450R
02-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44

I don't have a motor builder. It's stock with a cam :rolleyes:

Abrannan19
02-19-2006, 06:05 PM
maybe a new rider:devil:

RedRacer44
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I don't have a motor builder. It's stock with a cam :rolleyes:

Really?? I stand corrected :devil: Something isnt right then.....being a racer you're surely changing oil/filter often along with putting a clean air filter on regularly. I keep 4 air filters handy at all times, swap them out between practice and motos.

Thats just weird that your stuff is blowing up so often, you must of got a lemon. My '04 had countless hours of practice/races on it with just piston/cam...never had a problem with it. I re-ringed it once before I sold it.....

What caused the motor to go to crap this time?

Racing Rice
02-19-2006, 06:26 PM
You sound like my friend that keeps blowing the transmissions out of both of his Honda streetbikes.

What in the world have you been doing to that thing?:eek2:

ThumPIN_450R
02-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Really?? I stand corrected :devil: Something isnt right then.....being a racer you're surely changing oil/filter often along with putting a clean air filter on regularly. I keep 4 air filters handy at all times, swap them out between practice and motos.

Thats just weird that your stuff is blowing up so often, you must of got a lemon. My '04 had countless hours of practice/races on it with just piston/cam...never had a problem with it. I re-ringed it once before I sold it.....

What caused the motor to go to crap this time?

I change oil and filter every two races and air filter every race. I can't get enough hours out of it to change oil lately. I think I some how got some bad filter oil from uni because my air boot is loaded with dirt and I oiled the living hell out of my filter. The dirt is defanatly the issue this time so it's no fault of the bike but some how that oil and filter just didn't stop anything. This is the first failure on the top end though. It seems the ever since I blew the tranny in it last year is has been one failure after another. I kind of tossed the lemon theory out the window unless all the honda replacement parts are crap also becuase there is not an original part left on that motor other than the cylinder and head. I know this problem was nothing to do with the bike but damn it why am I the one that always end up getting the **** end of things?

Dubzy14
02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
yea you must of had a monday morning or a friday afternoon 450r

02-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Dubzy14
yea you must of had a monday morning or a friday afternoon 450r rofl...thats funny right there

ThumPIN_450R
02-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
rofl...thats funny right there

oh yes it just entertains the hell out me knowing that I could have picked up a whole used quad for the price I have into my non running motor. I figured you would post up that picture of the burnt up yfz and tell me to be happy I don't have a yamaha mike.

02-20-2006, 09:10 AM
u must be doing something wrong...

02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
oh yah..at least your honda still has its frame :eek2: :eek2:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pff82b2e6666273cd3af884df96e74943/f075fe06.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid121/p94b6c540f5bda58d42a8bc37560c87e1/f84d6cf0.jpg

macsolocam
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM

Aaron, what happened to your motor? What caused it to go south? I was wondering why your bike was just sitting there and didnt move all weekend.....

Hey, take it easy on me Chance....lol....everything was good until Sunday morning practice....I went out for practice and didn't even get dirt on the bottom of my nerfs...I came out from the staging area and everyone was getting spaced out and I didn't even get to wrap on it...I was like 2nd and 3rd and then clatter....So I had to switch motors.....Ya know my motor felt and sounded pretty good when I bought it but I guess it had too much time on it......the engine builder (will leave names out) said it droped a exhaust valve and I need a new crank, cylinder, piston, valves, and some head welding.....So after it went I decided to change motors......This motor had been already been through completely.....well another story about it is when we got it back it saw a day in the sand and about 3 hours on the mx track and I wanted to change the oil....So when I did I found no oil filter in the bike.....So I made note and notified the builder....we came to the conclusion of riding the bike with warrenty.....well when I was on top to this motor for the main sunday which was this bike's 1st ride after finding out about the filter it lasted 1 lap and then she blew.....When it rains it pours....I was pretty mad it was only my second national and my first sunday main event which I think I could have placed somewhere inside the top 10.....hopefully will have one back together before this weekend for badlands.....Wish me luck....:cool:

02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
ur bike lasted that long w/o a oil filter!?!?!?!?!? :huh :huh :huh

motox450r
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
dude you must have a big fan out there that's giving your tank additives, either that or slow the fuuke down.