PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cams

mills_racing
02-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Has anyone on here had any expierence with helmet cameras in XC race conditions? Im looking into getting one and was wondering were a good place to get one would be .

T.Hopp
02-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I have a Sony http://www.sportzshot.com/
It requires you to carry a recoding device (camcorder) which will add that extra weight you may not want to deal with. There are units available that don't require you to carry a camcorder but are limited on distance.
I got the 480 lines of resolution for best quality. This particular unit is pretty nice. Waterproof! I bought it originally for white water kayaking (creeking). I've also used it in the dirt and in 20 degrees below 0 snowmobiling in Wisconsin.
While on the atv, I place my camcorder (Sony TRV 38) in a "camel back" . The wires (audio/video/LANC remote) come out of the top of the pack. The camera and microphone stay together and mount up under the helmet visor. The LANC remote is taped to the shoulder strap for easy access in controlling the camcorder funtions.
It is a little bit of a pain to deal with sometimes but I have gotten video footage worth the effort!

mills_racing
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
how much that whole set-up cost you? only thing i would worry about is if i wrecked the cam corder would get all busted up and stuff.

mills_racing
02-19-2006, 09:18 PM
bump.....anyone else?

QuadRacer041
02-20-2006, 05:32 AM
www.jonescam.tv