PDA

View Full Version : MX set u

R-Crazy
07-16-2002, 10:48 PM
What do i need to race MX from a bone stock quad? All i want is stuff to be legal and safe (for me and the quad). I know i need gear, but what else?

dave

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 11:03 PM
I dont think you will NEED a whole lot...probably extended axle and A-arms, shocks, shaved fenders(so you can see your tires), an aftermarket exhaust, tires, nerf bars, kill switch, twist throttle, and thats what i would do to start! Just to see if u like racing....if you do like it then add more stuff!

FullBore52
07-16-2002, 11:41 PM
the only thing you really need for most tracks are nerfs and a kill switch. Along with boots long pants and goggles. After that get yourself a slip on pipe, then hit the chassis mods. But uh...be sure to find a good rider! :p

R-Crazy
07-16-2002, 11:54 PM
thanks, but i think i will stick with XC.

dave

roostin_dale
07-17-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Screamin 'Shee
the only thing you really need for most tracks are nerfs and a kill switch. Along with boots long pants and goggles. After that get yourself a slip on pipe, then hit the chassis mods. But uh...be sure to find a good rider! :p

Yea...but he said safest way too! So wider is safer! Harder to tip over;)

raptor_02
07-18-2002, 04:46 PM
The safest thing in my opinion you can get for your quad would be a good set of suspension. Most people will think I am an idiot for choosing suspension over nerfbars, extended a-arms, etc but you always here of guys casing doubles and get hurt severly. Some good suspension will decrease your chance of that happening. Casing a double and going over the handlebars is probaly the most severe wreck you can have but with suspension you can avvoid going over the bars.