PDA

View Full Version : which is a better head pipe?

SLSD400exGUY
02-19-2006, 04:25 PM
okay ive been lookin at FMF.. i was wonderin which is better.. the powerbomb or the hi flow header? you can look at my stuff i have on my quad under this.

thanks

04'400ex'er
02-19-2006, 04:41 PM
The powerbomb is diffinately more popular...

bwamos
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I may be off here (especially since it's only word of mouth), but I beleive I've heard that the 400ex FMF Powerbomb headers have a tendancy to crack at the weld.

If I were you honestly my first option would be to call HMF and get a price quote from them to convert your slip-on to their full system if it requires any fab work. That way the system will be tuned to work with each other.

Toadz400
02-19-2006, 05:10 PM
I'd get the Powerbomb header, I've heard nothing but good things about using that with other slip-ons, especially HMF. I have not heard of any problems with it cracking at the welds, but that could be a minor problem and I'm sure FMF would take care of you if that happens.

h400exrydr
02-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I had a powerbomb and it cracked really bad and there was a black spot on the motor from the exhaust coming out of the crack. it cracked on the inside and the outside.

wolffie
02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
on my old 350 raptor i never had any problems with my powerbomb! bolted on fine with the HMF pipe, and gave me 1-2HP. nothing huge, but pretty good for a header:)

Toadz400
02-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by h400exrydr
I had a powerbomb and it cracked really bad and there was a black spot on the motor from the exhaust coming out of the crack. it cracked on the inside and the outside.

Did you contact FMF about it?

Btw, where in Wisconsin do you live?

h400exrydr
02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
yea i called them and they said that if i could get the reciept i could send it in and they would gimme a new one, but i bought it from my friend and he doesnt have the reciept so...ooo well. i live like right by green bay. howard, i dont know if u no where that is. do u live in wisconsin? where bout if u do?

Toadz400
02-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by h400exrydr
yea i called them and they said that if i could get the reciept i could send it in and they would gimme a new one, but i bought it from my friend and he doesnt have the reciept so...ooo well. i live like right by green bay. howard, i dont know if u no where that is. do u live in wisconsin? where bout if u do?

Well that sucks, did you fix it or just get a different header? I would've probably tried bringing it to a local welder and seeing if they could TIG it.

Green Bay eh, I'll be going to school in Oshkosh this fall so maybe we'll have to go riding sometime.