PDA

View Full Version : A arm and Steering Stem help

mdidonne
02-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I was wondering if I install a set of +2 burgard a arms and a +2 steering stem. Will I need to install new brake lines and all other cables to make up the difference. I have an 05 Raptor 660 and I was also wondering how difficult it is to install the new cables.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Racing Rice
02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
You will definately need new brake lines with the Stem and a-arms. I installed a Trail Tech clamp and A low bend fat bar on my Rappy. The bars sit close to stock height, maybe a little taller.All of the cables fit, but it looked like the throttle cable was getting close. You maybe able to re-route the throttle cable to get it to work.

I honestly am not sure about a +2 stem though.

tater_kamik
02-23-2006, 07:35 AM
the throttle cable should be ok, but then i have a slightly longer cable just because i wanted a new one for my build. you will absolutely need new brake lines. i recommend calling streamline and asking for a longer line coming off of the master cylinder. i had probs getting my cable to work (from streamling, but standard length). it is absolute cake to install the new cables, just route them carefully and you will be fine!

Racing Rice
02-23-2006, 07:53 AM
I got streamline lines for when I install my new arms. They appear to be really nice lines, even though I wanted a 2 line setup and got a three instead.

I'm not running a longer stem however.

tater_kamik
02-23-2006, 08:06 AM
i havent had any probs with the lines, it feels like they have more initial bite and overall more braking power without having to slam the brake lever down. so, fatigue is a little bit less, more braking power for sure, less fade, and they look sweet. plus they come with new shiny bolts and washers! you might as well replace them all, that way they are all steel braided

Racing Rice
02-23-2006, 08:08 AM
I plan on replacing the rear later. I just wanted to get the fronts the same time I ordered the arms. I didn't want to charge my CC any more then I already have.:D

How is it bleeding the three line setup? I've done the two line on a motorcycle and it wasn't bad. I wasn't sure about it three line thing though.

tater_kamik
02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
it took me forever to bleed it!!! its the same on an bike as a quad, just takes a while to do the process. do you own a bike? great choice to do the line upgrade at the same time you do the arms. for ease of install, pull the arms off, then do the brake lines (removal and install) put the arms on, then put the calipers on. i know you know this, but for everyone else, this is the easiest way!

mdidonne
02-23-2006, 09:49 AM
So just a regular hand pump will be sufficient enough to bleed the lines. I dont need a compressor ?

Racing Rice
02-23-2006, 10:10 AM
You should be fine with a regular hand pump. That is all I use. Did yours come with different attachments?

mdidonne
02-23-2006, 10:48 AM
yes it did, but I took it back, I will just go get another one.

Racing Rice
02-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Look for one that says Mighty-Vac. If you can't get it to work let me know, and I can take pictures of how mine is setup. Like I said, it took some playing with to get it to work properly. Once I did it was awesome.