PDA

View Full Version : A Arms and Shock Help

mdidonne
02-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Im looking for a good set of a arms and a good set of shocks for my 05 Raptor660. I do alot of trail riding and Im looking to race this season at the track. Can anyone help me out with where I can shop for a set of shocks and a arms. Money is a little tight, so im on a strict budget. Looking to spend about 400 on a arms and around 700 for shocks, any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mike

Over-land 450r
02-19-2006, 04:19 PM
you could get standard travel American stars for around $450 And works triple rate with remote rezzies for about $525.

If your tight on money riding trails and accidentally clip a tree and u bend an arm, You send the bent one bad and $20 and you'll get a new one.

Hope this helps
ROb

Racing Rice
02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
I've heard a lot of negatives about ASR arms. Follow directions and be sure to locktite what the instructions say to locktite. Failure to do so could lead to some serious pain. However, thier service is suppose to be pretty good and they do replace the arms if something happens.

Wicked a-arms are suppose to be pretty decent. I've also heard decent things about Burgard and Houser. All of which cost alittle over $400.

I just ordered a set of Hydro Dynamic (iShock) a-arms. Magic Racing has them for $525 (I know you were't really looking to spend that much.)

For shocks you could get TCS ZPS non-Rez shocks for less then $700. Works Steelers with Rez for about $560 or so. Elka Recs run about $500. Of course you could always try to find a used set.

You could always look into YFZ450 shocks as well. I don't know how well they would work for MX though, especially with +2 arms.

400exstud
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Standard travel Houser arms - $525.
Elka non-res shocks - $450, $750 with res.

With the non-res shocks you are $100 under budget and with the res shocks you are $100 over. I would just save up another $100 and get the res ones. JMO

mdidonne
02-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I appreciate everyones help, It looks likes I am going to go with Burgard +2 arms and +2 Stem. My only question is, if I do have to replace the brake lines and other cables for extension. How difficult is it. I know that I tried putting on a master cylinder on a recon and I had a hell of a time trying to bleed the lines. Maybe I just was not doing it correctly, but I did use a brake pump to try and pull the fluid through the lines. It seemed to just be a mess. It was just a hand pump that I bought from advance auto parts. I think you probably need to use one with a compressor attached to it. If someone could elaberate a little on that subject I would appreciate it.

Thank You,
Mike...

Racing Rice
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I use a little mighty-vac hand pump to bleed my lines. It makes life so much easier!:D

I had a heck of a time getting mine to work at first. I started playing with the hoses and attachments and finally found the right setup. After that it was cake.

mdidonne
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Was your pump electric ? I tried using a hand one I got from the parts store, and it was ****ty... I also paid like 50 bucks for it.

Racing Rice
02-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Nope, just the hand pump. I bought it at autozone for $40 it is probably the same one you have.