PDA

View Full Version : electrical questions

One_Bad_400
02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
i have an 06... and to tell you the truth... this thing is an electrical nightmare...

but to take the rear lights off, how do you take the wire out... cuz its like all in the harness crap?

and i coundn't figure out how to take the front brake sensor off..

do you just split open the tape stuff and cut the wires and re-tape it..

and last... throttle position sensor... do you need this... what is it?

and... on the negative batt. wire... do you HAVE to bolt it to the starter motor... cuz thats real hard to get to taking it on and off, can you bolt it to another part of the motor

yamablaster24
02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
rear tail light-unplug it directly from light and stuff the plug somewhere where itcant be seen i zip tied mine under the frame. The front brake sensor and clutch lever sensor you wire them together and tep them off. The throttle position sensor i believe is the same.

One_Bad_400
02-19-2006, 12:54 PM
what do you mean you cut them off and wire them together... well i knwo what you mean... but why do you have to wire them together

i unpluged my tail light... i just didnt want that extra wire.. so i was just going to cut it off or something

RedRacer44
02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Electrical nightmare? Heh, I dont even understand why everyone is having all these issues with their 06s? I've had mine since October, never rode it when it was stock...built it for MX and has 12+ races on it with only minor issues with starting and thats due to the HotCam which is just a simple adjustment with the decompression.....

As far as the rear plug, I just un-plugged it, taped the plug, and then zip-tied it away in the frame. The brake sensor and clutch sensors....they have to wired in together especially the clutch or you wont be able to start the bike in gear. Nothing wrong with the TPS, just leave it be......

If you want to really get rid of all the issues with the harness, give JH Racing a call at 918-371-0101.....he recently trimmed his harness up on his '06 race bike to where he got rid of EVERYTHING except what the bike needs to start, run, and charge the battery....

One_Bad_400
02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
i'm not having problems with it... i had the bike a week b4 i broke it down to bare frame and sent the engine to Cali.... i'm just saying there are so many wires on it

kyex40047
02-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I went through mine and a friends 05 450r. It takes quiet a while to tare apart your wiring. You will also need to soder stuf and a dental pick to free the wires from the conectors. You will also want a wiring diagram. Leave the TPS alone, the computer needs the input for 3d ignition. The brake switches should just unplug. I cut out all the lights and switches exept for kill switch, which i use a kx one.