PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Ref section?

chapmanmd
02-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone would consider an "Ask a Ref/Tech Inspector" section of the forum? Given the number of racers, especially the number of mini quad racing parents, I thought that a go-to person, who doesn't claim to be a "know it all" and knows the right people to go to for tough answers, may be good. Being able to explain, in easy-to-understand terms, how the rulebook is interpreted by Tech Inspectors and Officials may be beneficial for some members. For exampe, how many people really understand "Production" rules or actually understand the "Protest" process?

I would be more than happy to help moderate such a forum. I have more than 15 years experience performing Technical Inspections. I have worked, and currently work, as a Referee in AMA/ATVA events as well as in local and outlaw races. I have served as an AMA District ATV Congressman and will hopefullyagain next year, having took a couple of years off to spend racing with my son. Also, I moderate several "Racers and Promoters" type sections for other motorcycle and atv forums. I know the AMA/ATVA rulebooks especially well and refer to them often. I am not a kid, and at 42 years old with 33 years of racing experience, I like to think that I can make "heads or tales" out of situations.

Consider this note as an offer for my services, but even if there is someone better, thats cool too. I just think it would be a good idea for the forum community as a whole.

Yours in ATV's.