PDA

View Full Version : dial a jet

rider til i die
02-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I posted a question earlier this morning like 2 am about boring my 250ex. I know for one thing I'll need to rejet the thing before I do that. I absolutely do not want to fiddle around with changing jets. Does anyone know if the dial a jet works well or not? Thunder products, the company that makes it, says it will work dramatically with a stock, piped, or modified motor. Anybody know good things about it?

02-19-2006, 12:53 PM
better off buying jets. dial-a-jet is an inacurate waste of time. Unless you do long races where there are big elevation changes, not worth your time.

h400exrydr
02-19-2006, 06:36 PM
actually i bought one for my 400ex and it worked awesome. soo easy to change it. i would recomend it!

humblesquirel21
02-19-2006, 07:36 PM
dirt wheels raved aobut it and i have heard many good things about it from other sources if its installed right

rider til i die
02-20-2006, 10:31 AM
h400exrydr.......what all do you have to do to install it?....what difference did it make?.....is it worth the price/time?

h400exrydr
02-20-2006, 02:43 PM
all you have to do is drill a hole in your carb boot or there is a Pro mount that u make a hole in the carb,(i wouldnt do that because what if want to sell it or somethin)but then after that u gota drill a little hole in the bottom cover, the cover that u would take off to change the main jet. and that is all u have to do. it is really easy. it makes it easier to adjust the jetting like say if it were to drop temps or maybe get higher or somethin. it also helps you out with your gas mileage, throttle response, and a few other things. if you buy it it should come with a hole book that helps you out with how to set it and all the things u need to do to install it. i would say that is well worth the money. i loved mine, but i sold the ex so yea i dont have it any more. good luck