PDA

View Full Version : 400ex or LTZ400

exboomer
02-19-2006, 07:39 AM
I am looking to buy a new quad. Either a ex or ltz. I don't race and mostly ride trails and the dunes a couple times a year. I am looking for opinions on both these quads and what I would expect to pay OTD. Do the new model Suzuki's still have frame problems?? The dealer is quoting $5,200 otd for the Honda and $5,599 otd for the Suzuki. Thanks

onefast400ex
02-19-2006, 08:55 AM
I have both and their both really great quads. For trails the 400ex is a lot better. For top speed the ltz400 is faster. For dunes I think their both great.

jak1389
02-19-2006, 09:38 AM
take it from someone who has owned both, and get the honda. Way more reliable, and just as good. if you want the otp speed of the z400 just re-gear it. the suspension on the newer z400's are better than the honda's, but with money you save you can get a nice set of front suspension. i ride mostly xc and sometimes the track and the ex is awsome. for overal i would go for the ex, you will NOT be dissapointed.

RIDE RED!:devil:

hondaguy2
02-19-2006, 12:44 PM
try the search feature once... theres like a million topics on this subject already. But if it helps i think the 400ex is better in the trails but the z is faster

NCexRider
02-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Once again, this is posted in a 400EX specific forum, so you are going to get a biased opinion.

But the EX is better.:D

04'400ex'er
02-19-2006, 01:46 PM
stock for stock the Z will outrun and outhandle the EX on the track or the strip. But the EX will still be running in a couple years also...

Once you start modding them they come closer and closer. If your going full MX then IMO the ex will handle better because of the frame geometry.

CHEVYZ
02-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
stock for stock the Z will outrun and outhandle the EX on the track or the strip. But the EX will still be running in a couple years also...

Once you start modding them they come closer and closer. If your going full MX then IMO the ex will handle better because of the frame geometry. Pretty much how I feel as well. Stock for stock I feel that the Z is better, but when mooded both do very well ( At least IMO). I personally prefer the feel of the EX over the Z... mostly because of the stance the EX has, rather than suspention componets. The Z is faster, but it isn't what some people make it out to be. I usually launch them and they come back on top.... I am sure that gearing could change that.

All in all both are nice, fun quads. The Z is a little more up to date with its technology, but you really won't notice the difference on the EX.... hey, it IS a Honda!:blah:;)

exrider008
02-19-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205206 this is a thread i started about a month ago.
i went with the 400ex.