PDA

View Full Version : New project :)

mi250r
02-19-2006, 05:25 AM
A couple weeks ago My brother bought a 86 250r from a buddy of his at the Ford plant he works with. His buddy was hard up for money. Unloaded it at my house and It fired on the first kick. Rode it around for a while. Ran like crap. Found out later when we tore it all apart that the reads were junk, and everything was gooped together with blue silicone... Ford workers! lol Even though it was pretty rough, its all there. Fame straight no cracks. original paint on the frame, a arms and swing arm. Not bad for 600 bucks. So now i got another project.
I didn't take any pics of it before we jumped in there and tore it down. I wish I had. I'll take plenty of it going back together though. This is funny as hell though as it is completely being kept secrect from his wife. Man is he gonna be in some deep s**t when she finds out! The frame, hubs, swing arm, are at the powder coaters now, and he got his plastic, Orange :( couldn't talk him out of it. If the pic works it is my 88 I did a couple winters ago. Just checking out how pics post since I'm new here.

Mean250r
02-19-2006, 06:23 AM
you paid 600 bucks for that?!? holy ****! dude thos shocks are worth more then that lol. if u parted that out you would make like 2 or 3 grand on it

ShiftFMX
02-19-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Mean250r
you paid 600 bucks for that?!? holy ****! dude thos shocks are worth more then that lol. if u parted that out you would make like 2 or 3 grand on it

No, if you read what he wrote, thats one he built a few years ago, he didnt post a pic of the one his buddy got for $600, but you can imagine what it looks like :eek2:

mi250r
02-19-2006, 09:18 AM
lol. I paid 3000 for the 88 IT was all stock and original... only bad thing was the frame was bent. I was the first person to ever loosen a bolt on it... That swing arm is still the original prolink decals on it even not a scratch on them. I was going to keep it all original except I couldnt get the frame quite perfect, and needed some adjustable a arms inorder to get the camber right again. Other than the reeds pipe carb nerfs tank and fullbores its all stock and I still have all the stock parts.

The 86 was pretty much a steal at 600 bucks though. There wasn't hardly a mark on the frame. Just junk plastic, and a cobbled up motor. For somereason he's hooked on orange. The plastic is going to be maier. frame will be orange too. Motor will be a 330 ESR kit, Mostly all new bottom, new Honda crank, Yukon gears, and all that good stuff. He's going to put the Elka and Laeger's long travel on the front, and a Elka on the stock swing arm in the rear. It'd be nice to have it done for opening weekend at Silver Lake, but that's pushin it.

Slinky
02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by mi250r
This is funny as hell though as it is completely being kept secrect from his wife. Man is he gonna be in some deep s**t when she finds out! .

funny thing is i'm doing the same thing...though its keeping it a seceret from my gf...she'd shoot me if she found out i bought mine and didnt get her a ring! LOL