PDA

View Full Version : boring a 250ex

rider til i die
02-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I found piston kits for i think its 01-03 250ex's. They come in standard, .25, .50, .75, and1.00 sizes. Will they work on my 05?Also they do not supply gaskets but they do supply rings and a wristpin.Do I have to replace all the gaskets? Can somebody tell me how far up to go? Now I already considered buying a 300 or 400ex but I ride with ranchers and a recon but i like the automatic clutch and the shaft drive. I was told by my dad a million times to buy a rancher or recon but i like not havin racks n stuff so i can get a lil ignorant when i want to (like jumping and wheelies). I just want to make an auto-clutch that crisps open like a champ. Thats an ideal machine to me.

bwamos
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
I found piston kits for i think its 01-03 250ex's. They come in standard, .25, .50, .75, and1.00 sizes. Will they work on my 05?

Not worth the time/effort/money in my opinion. Pipe, Filter, Rejet, and a Clutch Kit is all I would do on a 250ex. You will see a lot more from a clutch kit/pipe/filter than you would a pistone that is 1.00mm (0.040") over. That displacement isn't even going to be noticable.

Do I have to replace all the gaskets?
Absolutly.

Now I already considered buying a 300 or 400ex but I ride with ranchers and a recon but i like the automatic clutch and the shaft drive. I was told by my dad a million times to buy a rancher or recon but i like not havin racks n stuff so i can get a lil ignorant when i want to (like jumping and wheelies). I just want to make an auto-clutch that crisps open like a champ. Thats an ideal machine to me. I'd skip the 300ex and go straight to a 400ex (not enough of a jump to the 300ex to warrant the money spent, IMHO). The honda tranny's are very easy and forgiving. Once you use it for about 3 rides, you won't even think about it anymore. You don't have to feather the clutch as much as you would, say a 250r, since it has loads of bottom end torque.

rider til i die
02-19-2006, 12:30 PM
u do have a good point.....i really dont need anything bigger considering im only 5'4" n 130lbs. Riding a 400ex with ranchers n stuff just isnt gonna work because all the utility guys lug around in 3rd gear all day but they do get smart once in a while. My little 250 is a well built machine......take it back....all hondas are well built. What do you think of the dial a jet? Do they work very well? Oh and what am I looking at for a clutch kit?

02-19-2006, 12:51 PM
dial-a-jet is junk, not worth it.

I would say not to do all that much to your 250. clutch kit sounds good as long as u have someone that can put it in, or u can put it in.

pipe, and filter, and no box lid will make it a new machine. My thats what we did to my friends recon, basically same thing.

brent250
03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
what pipe did you put on your recon