PDA

View Full Version : Using Heelguards???

ShiftFMX
02-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I know having heelgaurds while doing freestyle is very conveinient, but for you that dont have them, have you ever run into bad situations where you wish you would have had them? I would like to get some propegs, but not sure about the whole chunky lookin heelgaurds

sixsixzero
02-18-2006, 10:53 PM
after ridin with heel guards and then ill ride somone elses without em i feel naked :huh

pastfast125
02-18-2006, 11:00 PM
ask the kid that jumped his homemade ramp, didnt have heelguards, busted his leg. I think that was why too, somehow I think he said it slipped under the tire or somethin. better t o have em

sixsixzero
02-18-2006, 11:02 PM
I know having heelgaurds while doing freestyle is very conveinient, but for you that dont have them, have you ever run into bad situations where you wish you would have had them? I would like to get some propegs, but not sure about the whole chunky lookin heelgaurds

true dat :blah:

pastfast125
02-18-2006, 11:18 PM
get nerfs with the incorperated heel guards, that's what I have, cept mine are kinda big and goofy, but I was goin for cheap..I have pro armor.

Jakeyracer
02-26-2006, 01:42 AM
pastfast125 ask the kid that jumped his homemade ramp, didnt have heelguards, busted his leg. I think that was why too, somehow I think he said it slipped under the tire or somethin. better t o have em

yea he was jumpin up hill and had to lean back and his feet went under

pastfast125 get nerfs with the incorperated heel guards, that's what I have, cept mine are kinda big and goofy, but I was goin for cheap..I have pro armor.

i have AC nerfs with heel gaurds 1and1/4 inch thick pipes goofy yes but they are worth the goofy look

TRX_450
02-26-2006, 10:59 AM
i bot propegs and put my stock heel guards back on....i have pics of how i did it if u want...ull need to drill one or 2 holes i cant remember and have 2 1" screws

wolffie
02-26-2006, 12:37 PM
just buy some bolt on IMS heel guards! they look trick, and work fine! its deffinetly a must to have them if you do any freestyle IMO! you never know when you are going to have a "rough" landing!:D

fast_enough
02-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I had AC standards on my old 400ex, and they sucked w/out heelguards, if your an aggressive rider, then you throw your self everywhere on the quad. Adding heelguards gives you another place to throw yourself to. Also the propegs are great, they are so comfortable and aren't hard on your feet like the little standard pegs.

I like mine

quader400
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
yea its a deffinate must to have heel guards. even though they may go untouched for two years there will be that one time that they will save your *****.

ask the kid that jumped his homemade ramp, didnt have heelguards, busted his leg. I think that was why too, somehow I think he said it slipped under the tire or somethin. better t o have em

Thats me

450rider79south
03-01-2006, 06:12 PM
If you have agressive footpegs, you don't really need heelguards IMO. I had blingstar nerfs on my old 250r and my boot wouldn't slide back, and on hard landings, they were so thick that you would get a ton of extra support so your boot would stay put. Dana Creech uses the same ones I had for freestyle....

allstock
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
i guess you dont need heel guards but my mommy says better safe then sorry:D

94F450SD
03-08-2006, 06:36 AM
my first set of nerf were DG without hell gaurds.my stock gaurds wouldnt fit with them.kept getting my foot stuck in the rear fenders.i ordered a set of aftermarket heel gaurds but they were discontinued.so i ended up buying a set of moose raceing nerfs.they were a little expensive but the shop had them,i wanted heel gaurds so i bought them.

kawasaki_ridah
03-08-2006, 06:12 PM
on yfzs my foot is so big it wont go in it hits the plastic but on my r it will

tar
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
i would recomend heel gaurds i don't have them on mine and last week lets just say i wish i had them

416exfreak
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
i was hittin my ramp at the house one time, and landed on my right rear tire...............anyhow my boot slipped of the stock peg, and got lodged under my axle, thank god for riding boots, i then promptly ordered myself a new pair of pro-armor race peg nerfs,(WITH HELLGAURDS)............and they have already saved me so many times it isnt funny;)

DozerDan
03-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I picked up a set of the AC nerf bars with integrated heel gaurds after my stock pegs wore down so much I would have to fight to keep my feet on them.

the price hurt at first, but I LOVE them. And now that I have been getting more aggressive with my riding they have saved me more than a few times.

Well worth the green stuff (or the plastic stuff)