PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar & steering stem?

newyorkboy
02-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Iam looking for a new stem and handlebars for my 450r but don't know what to get.So I would like to see what someone as tall as me is running.Because iam 6'3 I was thinking of a +2 stem but don't know what size or bend handlebars to get.Alot of pepole say go to a shop and look but I live so far away from town that is hard to do.So if you are about 6'3 I would like to hear what bend handlebars and what size stem you have so I can start looking.

motoboy66
02-19-2006, 01:18 AM
i would say a plus 1 witha CR high bend. I am 6'1 and this is what I run. If you get much taller than this you will need to think about longer break lines, and clutch cable. I would definatly recoment the CR high bend though, very good bend and best you can do with fat bars.

Todd

400exstud
02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by motoboy66
i would say a plus 1 witha CR high bend. I am 6'1 and this is what I run. If you get much taller than this you will need to think about longer break lines, and clutch cable. I would definatly recoment the CR high bend though, very good bend and best you can do with fat bars.

Todd

I have a +1 stem with Tag T2 CR double high bend bars. This equals stock height. The stem is obviously +1 and the cr double high bars are -1. The reason for the cr double "high" bars to be low is because they are dirt bike bars which are always lower. (I am 5' 8")

If I were you I would get a +3 stem and CR double high bars. You will need longer lines but it would be worth it for your height.