PDA

View Full Version : Bad problem with my truck!

Titanium
02-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok so i was startin to accelerate down the highway when all of a sudden a really loud backfire or sumthing breaking made a horrible noise. now my truck won't accelerate past half throttle! and i cant figure out wats wrong with it. can u guys help me!?

coolex
02-18-2006, 07:59 PM
no i cant help u but how do u like ur flowmasters im getting the supper40 for my jeep

KH426
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
What motor? FI or carb? How is the truck at idle? Was it a backfire or did something brake?

watts16
02-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Was it from the engine or was it a pop like some gave out in the transmission. My truck does it sometimes but the trans. is getting ready to take a crap

Titanium
02-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not really sure wat happend cus i wasn't payin attention. but wat i was doin was i was tunrin around the corner prolly had 3/4 throttle then a LOUD pop that sounded like a back fire happend. then i tried to accelerate and it tried to die. so i had to idle my way home.

ShiftFMX
02-18-2006, 09:58 PM
What
Kind
Of
Motor
Is
It

Titanium
02-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
What
Kind
Of
Motor
Is
It

Titanium
02-18-2006, 10:16 PM
O and its fuel injected.

KH426
02-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Check timing and fuel presure

Hondadudeehhhh
02-19-2006, 10:40 AM
sounds like an issue with the muffler bearing to me.

Derag2
02-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Did you happen to get rid of the cat????? when you put exhaust on it, IF NOT then it is possible that it cracked and cumbled causing the engine to run rich because of all the backpressure.... Which will cause it to run like crap when any throttle is applied.

redracing88
02-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Hondadudeehhhh

bahahahahahahha is it high speed or normal? bahahaha :p :p :p :p :p :huh :huh :huh :macho :macho

Honda400exrox
02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by redracing88
Hondadudeehhhh

bahahahahahahha is it high speed or normal? bahahaha :p :p :p :p :p :huh :huh :huh :macho :macho

check your muffler coolant too

Titanium
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
look i ain't stupid when it comes to cars. i kno there isn't such thing as a muffler bearing and blinker fluid and all the ****. i've grown up aroun cars and trucks all my life i jus can't figure out wat's wrong with it this time. and i'm startin to think my timing is messed up. cus i was thinkin that the timing chain broke but then i was thinkin that if the timin chain broke the intake valve would be stuck up and wouldn't be able to run.

KH426
02-19-2006, 11:34 AM
If the timing chain was broke it wouldn't run at all. If it jumped time it will run like **** . If the truck is having a fuel pump or injector problem it may idel ok, but when you give it gas the motor goes lean and starves for fuel. Also check the dumb stuff first fuel filter, plugs,wires.

DH400EX
02-19-2006, 11:35 AM
my truck does the same thing sometimes. it will go good then if you get on the gas it acts like it wants to die and if you hold on the throttle it will back fire but if you let off it stops. im goin too change my fuel filter one day to see if it helps, it doesnt do it everytime i drive it though, so i dk.

Derag2
02-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't think its an injector issue or a because the truck is TBI its not even gonna have injectors.....

possible timing chain jumped time but i dunno about that.... Easy to check thou....

DieselBoy
02-19-2006, 05:47 PM
i tell you what. i had the same thing go wrong and I swapped my COIL in my old ford (it seemed to be working ok, but was a goner.) swapped er' with a new one for $60 and she was back in business.

bet ya its the coil...

Titanium
02-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
i tell you what. i had the same thing go wrong and I swapped my COIL in my old ford (it seemed to be working ok, but was a goner.) swapped er' with a new one for $60 and she was back in business.

bet ya its the coil...

i was beginnin to think that too. thanx for the help.

Derag2
02-19-2006, 06:24 PM
i'd check your cat converter first
before you spend any money, crawl underneath the truck and grab the pipe and shake it and if you hear somthing rattling around in your cat, its busted and plugged up... Plus its free than we can cross that off the list.

Titanium
02-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Derag2
i'd check your cat converter first
before you spend any money, crawl underneath the truck and grab the pipe and shake it and if you hear somthing rattling around in your cat, its busted and plugged up... Plus its free than we can cross that off the list.

i took the Catylic converts off right after i got it.

wvspeedfreak
02-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I don't think its an injector issue or a because the truck is TBI its not even gonna have injectors.....

possible timing chain jumped time but i dunno about that.... Easy to check thou....

Do you even have any idea what TBI stands for?it stands for Throttle Body Injection.It does have injectors.

Check the timing,fuel pressure etc...then let us know what you have.

Derag2
02-19-2006, 07:25 PM
And where are these supposid injectors at on throttle body injection?????? all TBI is is a glorified carburator

Also theres a reason why they make aftermarkey fuel injection for TBI BECAUSE TBI isn't even a real fuel injection system....

wvspeedfreak
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
And where are these supposid injectors at on throttle body injection?????? all TBI is is a glorified carburator

Also theres a reason why they make aftermarkey fuel injection for TBI BECAUSE TBI isn't even a real fuel injection system....

I'll try and keep it simple since you obviously have no mechanical background at all.
Step 1 -Remove air cleaner assembly
Step 2-Look down inside the throttle body and you will see 2 injectors.

Don't do it to fast........you might get dizzy :D

fasterz
02-19-2006, 08:16 PM
My best guess would be the coil since this exact same situation happend to my friends Tsi, we were like what the hell is wrong beucase it would just break up and back fire over 1/2 throttle, we re tunned it and it still didnt work so we swaped out the cdi and thats what it was and its all fixed now.

Titanium
02-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Well guys.... i found out wats wrong with my truck after a long time thinkin about it... I BLEW UP MY THROTTLE BODY!! and fried all of my injectors!

02-27-2006, 11:11 PM
i think it was the automatic condinser on the tire presser gauge