PDA

View Full Version : Workout for Hare Scrambles

Bradracer18
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey guys!! I am planning on racing in the Iowa Series Hare Scrambles. I was just wondering what some of you guys do during the off season(or right before the season starts, first race is April 2nd)....I don't want to show up at the races, for my first time, looking like a total wimp. Are there some things I can do to get in good "racing" shape?? Also, the last race I rode, I had trouble hanging on to the bars....and adice on how to tone/build those muscles? I'd just like to be in good shape when the time comes, so any advice would help. I have a treadmill, and plenty of room to run outdoors(live on farm). I also have a few weights too....and some grips things.... If you guys do a workout, then please tell what you do, and how many reps/how long.

Thanks a lot!!!

Brad

hondapro300EX
02-18-2006, 05:54 PM
MAN WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING OUT I STARTED OUT WITH LIGHT WEIGHTS. IM THINKNING YOU JUST WANT TO GET IN SHAPE. I JUST KNOW ABOUT WEIGHT LEIGHFTING AND HOW TO GET BIG. BUT FOR YOU JUST STUFF LOW IN FAT AND DRINK WATER. EAT FRUITS VEGGIES, AND WHEN YOU EAT TRY EATING MORE PROTEINS. NOW THAT THE EATING IS OUT OF THE WAY. 4 OR 5 MILES A DAY. MORE IF YOU LIKE. HELPS YOUR ABS ALOT. WHAT I DO IS DO THREE SETS OF 200(30,15,10). BUT YOU STARTING OUT DO WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH UNTIL YOU GAIN YOUR STRENGHT UP. THEN GET A STICK OR DUMBELL WITH PUT WEIGHTS AND TIE A STRING AROUND IT AND TIE WEIGHTS TO THE OTHER END AND WIND IT UP 25 TIMES. THEN. THE I GET ON A DECLINE BENCH AND 4 45'S AND DO SITUPS WITH THEM, THEN DO JUST TWO TWISTING AND TURNING. THEN JUST ONE JUST TWISTING AND HOLDING THEM IN SPOTS. THEN GET A BAR WITH WEIGHT YOU WANT AND DO SOME KURLS WITH IT LIKE 25 TIMES. WHOLE ALOT OF OTHER STUFF BUT HARD TO EXPLAIN IN WORDS. BUT HOPE THIS HELPS. JUST STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD AND RUN ALOT. BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EATEN ENOUGHT PROTEIN SO YOU DONE LOSE MUSCLE. BECAUSE BODY EATS AWAY MUSCLE BEFORE FAT!

Bradracer18
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Thank you very much. The info you gave is very useful. Forgot to mention, I'm looking to be toned/in shape....rather than big and bulky. Anyone else??

450RGNCC
02-18-2006, 11:15 PM
i just got a personal trainer, she is having me do lots of squats, bridges, pushups, lunges, and other stuff, plus I hit just about every other machine at the gym, and I try to do 3 sets of 12, and not at a high weight, to build up endurance. I also do dome cardio before I work out, and my trainer stresses the fact that you really need to stretch out after you work out, before you work out, and before each race because it will keep you loose so that you can move around on the bike better, and it is also alot harder to pull a muscle and you are not as sore afterwards.

Bradracer18
02-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Again, great info, very useful for me. I appreciate it very much. Any ideas on how to reduce arm pump/arm fatigue???

450RGNCC
02-19-2006, 09:58 AM
eat bananas, but not only right before the race, start eating them regularly for a few weeks before

Bradracer18
02-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Ok...thanks a lot, I'll try that. Guess I need to make a trip to the grocery store!!! Again, thanks for all of the help you've given me.

Brad

IOWAracer
02-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Well I ride a bicycle two miles monday wednesday and friday and then i thift for an hour and run 1 mile on a thread mill, tues. thurs. i lift at school for an hour and a half then i go home and depnding on th weather run 15 laps each direction on my track clockwise and counterclock wise to mix it up some. I have gone from 183lbs to 165 and i want to get to 150 before the first race. I am racing the iowa series also this my 3rd season what class and quad are you gonna be on? hope that helped

Bradracer18
02-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Again, thanks for the info.....I'll be on a predator(03), and will probably be in the C class, seens how this is my first race.

watts16
02-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Cool man. This will be my first year racing also. Ive been playing ice hockey so that helps my legs. Im going to start swimming alot soon. I ride about 7 miles on my bike when the weather permits.

MossboysRacing
02-20-2006, 03:59 PM
half a box of krispy kremes, little bit of pizza, ding dongs and twinkes, and a lot of real beer( not that light stuff).
just kidding.

Bradracer18
02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
lol.....I already do that!!! nah....but hey, One more question, I read on this site that on your gloves, you should leave the strap undone, to increase blood flow---thus decreasing arm pump....does everyone do this??? I'm kinda a neat freak, so leaving that strap undone will take some practice and getting used to.....that is, if you guys are doing it too.

02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
lol.....I already do that!!! nah....but hey, One more question, I read on this site that on your gloves, you should leave the strap undone, to increase blood flow---thus decreasing arm pump....does everyone do this??? I'm kinda a neat freak, so leaving that strap undone will take some practice and getting used to.....that is, if you guys are doing it too.

maybe if u get them super tight, otherwise it wouldnt affect blood flow