PDA

View Full Version : new oem 400 cam chain for sale

parts eeter
02-18-2006, 03:05 PM
new oem 400ex cam chain for sale
I have a brand new trx 400 ex cam chain for sale.$35.00 bux shipped anywhere in the us.Thank You Retails for $88.00

zlam27
02-19-2006, 01:39 PM
is it in the original box and everything?

parts eeter
02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes It is new in the oem Honda bag.I was actually just getting ready to list it on ebay.Let me know if you need it.Thanks,Shaun.I sold a piston kit and cam combo to another member who can vouch for me if you are unsure.I will post his name for you.Be right back.

parts eeter
02-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I sold my big bore kit to EX Stud. His email is jefferybass@hotmail.com.He can vouch for me.

ww228king
02-19-2006, 08:21 PM
this guy is cool...i am the one who just put ex stud's motor together...all parts were new and in the box and all is running good ...by the way ...do you have any more of those kits like you sold ex stud?

parts eeter
02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I am glad you are happy.How did that combo work out?Details on the power in low mid and top compared to stock would be great.I might have some more kits available soon.I will keep you posted.Thanks

ww228king
02-21-2006, 07:39 PM
hasnt gone past half thottle yet

EX Stud
02-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Yep... I can vouch for him!

Even with a blizzard I still got my cam and piston super quick.

Come on king you didn't do all the work!?! Somebody had to pay for the kit, oh and I put the plastics back on..lol

As, king said I haven't been past half-throttle yet, but i can deff tell a difference down low. It sounds really sweet! Also, while idleing she shakes like a '69 camaro with a cam in it...

Over all I love the set up.. I will let you know after this weekend how she screams...

EX Stud
02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
oh, yeah all i need now is some suspension!

I will take you 450R shocks off your hands if you want!

parts eeter
02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I am glad you had fun watchin ur buddy wrench on ur quad!!! Just go out and wring that thing out thru all 5 grs and come back and email me.I am dyin to know how that bike runs.I have never ridden a 426 before.How hard was it to remove your cam sprocket flange from your oem cam?? Mine feels like its stuck.Does your starter crank over good without the decompression assy on it?? Everything go together good for you??My quad is gettin close to bing done.I rebuilt the rear suspension every bearing last night and already did the front.I just have to send my cylinder to GT THunder to get it bored and HD studs installed.Laz said 1 week and I will be in Business.Damn I am gonna beat the **** outta my ride.Do you guys have some sweet riding there in NC.I want you guys to come up to ride the Hatfield McCoy trail set with me this spring.I have ridden the whole east coast and this place is the ****!! Let me know if you are interested.I have a place to crash free.Just hafta bring your bikes and some balls....:macho
man u should have seen my axle bearings..:eek: worn out:rolleyes: gone!:D

zlam27
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
still got the chain?

how long does the stock cam chain usually last? i dont think mine needs replaced but i was thinkin of putting in a cam and that would be the time to change it. let me know, thanks.

zach

EX Stud
02-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Don't let KING lie, I got greasy too. I was just kiddin about just putting the plastic on only.

You have to have your cam sprocket flange pressed off. I had mine pressed off at the local honda shop. Also, my starter start with no problem. Yet!! Overall everything went pretty good, took us an hour to put it back together..

Oh, I am gonna beat the piss out of mine too bro. I like to go MX and trail riding. I always wanted to check out Hatfield McCoy trails.

SO houw about the 450r shocks ;)

I will let you know how she shreds this weekend..

EX Stud
02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
parts eeter

Hey man I went down to Busco Beach this weekend! Which is about 500 acres of trails, drag, dune, and hill climbs.

I have to say that this kit was AWESOME... I rode around all day with no overheating problems! I started riding at about 1pm and rode all the way till 5:30. I even did about 10 runs on the drag strip at about 5:00 so, I wasn't even at full power when i raced. I was VERY impressed.

I lined up with 2 400ex (w/exhaust and jetted), a 416EX, a Z400 (w/pipe), and a 2006 450R! I personally am not much of a drag racer (haven't had a reason to). I just did finish breaking her in, so this is the first time I had a chance to see what she could do.

The first race I was in Second Gear. I winded that sucker out and poped the clutch, and man that damn 426 sat right up on the grab bar!
After that f-up, I ran about 8 more times. Man let me tell you the only reason they beat me a few times, was that i just couldn't start off worth a ****. I wish somebody could have taken a picture the second race when i got a decent start but the 450R was a head off me by about 3 Bikes, MAN I walked him down and past him, it was AWESOME!

I was shocked to beat that 2006 450R. I learned that i needed to up the jet to 170, and i DESPERATLEY need a CDI Box. The reason those bikes were a close race was because mine hit the rev-limiter in every gear...

03pissedoff426
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
400ex cam chain

around here we all pretty much buy the cam chain for the crf450r and put them on the 400ex's. it is the exact same length. but is 2 links thicker. for high performance and longer lasting. less likley to stretch also. the part number is 14401-MEB-671 at Servicehonda.com it's only $28.10 hope that helps you out.

so, i would say try putting that cam chain on Ebay and taking a loss. sorry

parts eeter
03-01-2006, 09:46 AM
I am stoked!! I am getting my cylinder back from GT Thunder in a couple of days.I went with a 11:1 plus .020 and a stage 1 cam because I ride alot of woods.I hope to get similar results.I am glad I could help you out.So,Now I need some ridin buddies in the NC so you can show me around.Shoot me an email so we can hookup and ride.I am only 8hrs away.You have to ride the hatfield with me this yr.DEAL???You be sure to fatten the pilot also to keep your engine alive!