PDA

View Full Version : Gore Orphanage...northeast Ohioans place to get spooked

yamablaster24
02-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Alright in Northern Ohio there is a place called Gore Orphanage. My brother had been there once last year around halloween and we decidedto go check it out last night (feb. 17th) at about 11 p.m. You go out way into the boonies and come to a dead end. On the right is a large white house far back on its property overlooking a valley. To the left is a path but is completely fortressed in a "Road Closed" sign...more of a fence. We parked our cars there and climbed over the sign. We then went downhill into an abandoned road. The pavement had eroded down the hill side and was 3-4 feet lower on the left of us dropping off to a cliff. We then notice a couple of orange barrels laying down. 5 or 600 feet later we come to another Road Closed "sign" again covering entire road. We crawled under this one and began our journey into the unknown. Keep in mind there was no civilization for miles besides the one house we passed about a mile back where we first entered, no lights no moon no nothing pitch black. We were equipped with mag lights only. We come into an opening with a cliff on our left and vast corn field on our right, at least 100 acres in area with woods on each side of it. After 10 minutes of almosy power walking we cleared this field. We came to a wooded area and yet another field, another 5 or 6 minutes of walking and we came to a wooded area. We then saw a large sandstone pillar which my brother and his friends said marked the spot to which the trail to gore orphanage led. We started walking and after walking through thick brush for 10-15 minutes we stumbled upon a sandstone foundation, they were miscrounstrued amongst the area and the foundation of the "orphanage" was covered in deep water. Reportedly you can smell burning flesh of the 100 some kids that died and hear them screaming. Either this is fake or i was too scared or we were too loud to hear it but i didnt hear or smell it. Next time i think if i dont go with a girl it would be better and get a genuine scare. Upon going back to my brothers car the car was covered in hand prints and there were small rings all over the windshield for some reason. As we are leaving a guy in a huge F250 or F350 cut us off and nearly sent us off the road, He had a spotlight in the back of his truck and was shining it directly at us, We then finally got around him and after some "expletives" we got away from him. Either way it was a fun night. I was wondering if anyone knew about this place its supposevely the most haunted place in Ohio and there is a lot of info on it just google it.

ShiftFMX
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Is that somewhat near sandusky??

Nick110
02-18-2006, 01:14 PM
no pics or vids.....?

yamablaster24
02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
its about 40 miles east of sandusky on erie shore, no pics or vids google it youll see pics

yamablaster24
02-18-2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.forgottenoh.com/Gore/swifthollow1th.jpg

http://www.forgottenoh.com/Gore/gorestories.html

exrider008
02-18-2006, 02:43 PM
wow that house looks spooky.

Nick110
02-18-2006, 02:51 PM
we got some pretty scary places around Buffalo NY too.

1. The abandoned Insane Aislum
2. Gootle berg cemetery

Ill try and find some pics..

i think Gootle berg was in the Top 10 most haunted in the US.

yes i have been to both

Nick110
02-18-2006, 03:15 PM
heres some pics.

1. Goodleberg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/0entrance.gif

2. Insane asylum
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/kow2.jpg

3. Insane asylum
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/nick110/kow1.jpg

2004exrider
02-18-2006, 07:50 PM
talk about some freaky stuff, i did some research on gore orphanage last halloween and some one else had reported a F250 doing the same thing. No lie, ill try and find the article again.
I always get into this kinda stuff for some reason.:o

Jimmy

onefast400ex
02-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I got this place where I live in Philadelphia called Byberry Insane Isylum or Byberry Mansion. This place is huge and there is a **** load of land around it. Its abandon due to abuse of the patients and closed like 20 years ago. I was not in there but my friend showed me pictures from a kid at his school who was there. There was a morge in there and it was a scary lookin place. My friends ride on the land there but always get chased. They cant knock it down cause of asbestos. It looks like a fun place to venture around but too many cops hang around there cause there are so many dumb asses who get caught in there.

Nick110
02-18-2006, 09:30 PM
yea the Buffalo Insane Asylum that i showed pics of was like 1:20th of the whole thing.

You would not believe the size of this place. The next time i go i will try and get some pics. Its weird cause its right in the middle of the city of buffalo and right next to the new Asylum. There is also a 10ft tall fence around it now.

The one time i went to it i could of swore there was a person sitting on the roof of it holding his knees.

yamablaster24
02-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
talk about some freaky stuff, i did some research on gore orphanage last halloween and some one else had reported a F250 doing the same thing. No lie, ill try and find the article again.
I always get into this kinda stuff for some reason.:o

Jimmy

dude if your serious pm me that link or somethin.

2004exrider
02-20-2006, 09:19 AM
PM Sent

insaneracin2003
02-20-2006, 11:41 AM
i love this kinda of creepy stuff,i am planning a vacation with my wife to the motel that the film,The Shining, was done at.....i forget the name of the motel........

Titanium
02-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
i love this kinda of creepy stuff,i am planning a vacation with my wife to the motel that the film,The Shining, was done at.....i forget the name of the motel........

Isn't that motel in Estes Park, Colorado?

insaneracin2003
02-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Isn't that motel in Estes Park, Colorado?
yeah,i think it is called"The Overlook Hotel".im going to have to check on it......

G Impala 63n70
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
In all honesty the kids from my class went there and also got chased out by a big truck, described to be white. Thats kinda freaky, they also saw a KKK Cross burning, because somewhere around there they hold meetings. (gore orphange)

PHAT400
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003

Here you go...

Oregon.

Timberline Lodge with Mt. Hood in the background

PHAT400
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
and

insaneracin2003
02-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
and
thanks phat400,that is the one

prepracing
02-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400
Here you go...

Oregon.

Timberline Lodge with Mt. Hood in the background

REDRUM....REDRUM....REDRUM....here's Johnny :devil:

WhiteYFZ
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Ouit here in Staten Island Ny, there are some scary places. One of the most popualr one is the SeaView Hospital. I heard there is devil worshipers and stuffin there. here a link. check it outhttp://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/Seaview/seaview.html

WhiteYFZ
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
another
http://www.opacity.us/gallery87_wrecks.htm

F-16Guy
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Don't you guys watch Scooby Doo? That guy that ran you off the road started the haunted house story to keep people away so he could run his illegal business; and he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.:blah: :D

400exchick
02-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Those types of places creep me out!!! I don't fully believe in ghosts.. still pretty sceptical about the whole thing.. but still get freaked out about the thought of it being real. My friends made me drive to this old abandoned shack in the middle of the woods once.. it was about 11pm or so (supposed to be haunted) I wouldn't come out of the truck!! yes.. I'm a chicken.. lol

This other time I was at a friends camp and had to go to the bathroom.. it's an outhouse about 100feet from the main building.. (this was also in the middle of the night) her little bro had hidden in the bushes and when I came out he started howling like a wolf.. needless to say I've never run so freaking fast in my entire life to get inside!! :eek2:

exrider008
02-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Don't you guys watch Scooby Doo? That guy that ran you off the road started the haunted house story to keep people away so he could run his illegal business; and he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.:blah: :D

hahah i remember that one from back in that day.

exrider008
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exchick

This other time I was at a friends camp and had to go to the bathroom.. it's an outhouse about 100feet from the main building.. (this was also in the middle of the night) her little bro had hidden in the bushes and when I came out he started howling like a wolf.. needless to say I've never run so freaking fast in my entire life to get inside!! :eek2:

did u kick his a**...u pus j/k

400exchick
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
did u kick his a**...u pus j/k

lol.. nah, once I saw it was him I felt kind of silly and we all had a good laugh about it.