Razr Front Tires
Irazr Rear Tires
Duncan Bumper
Duncan Brake Block Off
Duncan Case Saver
Paul Tunner Race Pipe & Tip
Dg Skid Plate
galfer rotors

JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT SOME POPLE THUGHT ABOUT IT. I PUT IT ON EBAY BUT NOT SURE IF I WANT TO LET IT GO. THANK FOR LOOKING AT IT.

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 12:05 AM
MORE PICS

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 12:12 AM
MORE PICS HERE

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 12:13 AM
MORE PICS AGAIN

02-18-2006, 04:32 AM
That's a nice are dude...I don't think I would be getting rid of it if I was you. Hate to say this, but I doubt you will get what you want out of it. I would hang on to it for a while but thats just my opinion.

If your having second thoughts about getting rid of it that should tell you right there you should keep it!

250rider1
02-18-2006, 08:30 AM
keep that thing man!!! its awesome!

Mean250r
02-18-2006, 10:23 AM
that R is sick, my r is goin for sale and i switched to a YFZ450.

that r is really nice, big boy seat eh?

J_bob_28
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
in my opinion the rear plastic on there totally ruins the look of the quad....but other than that it is one kick *** R

skyhighatv
02-18-2006, 01:37 PM
BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU HAVE A SPARE FRAME YOU WANT TO SELL?

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 03:20 PM
no sorry no frames. j bob 28 what dont you like about the rear plastics? the stickers? the fade of them? let me know. thats why i put it up so i can find out what other pople think of it.

Quad Boy 660r
02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
The back of them look kind of bent down. Either that or they are shaved. Cant really tell.

Looks great though.

I am one of the pathetic few who have yet to ride a 250r. I know a guy who said he'll let me take his for a spin, cant wait.

trx450Rrider
02-18-2006, 03:56 PM
those plastics are the maier low cut rear fenders. the fenders are flat instead of comiing up like regular 250r fenders. ive never liked the look of them. your bike is wicked sick tho

XCredrider
02-18-2006, 03:58 PM
very nice R but like quad boy said.. the rear plastic looks different. maybe it is the solid stickers instead of individual ones? idk but they look low. Its still sick and id keep it.

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
this is my 86 i am bilding for my little to give him for his birthday you guys like these rear finder on these better? as far as the stickers i own a vinyl shop so i did those my self.

backyardusa
02-18-2006, 05:49 PM
more 86

Cr85rRida
02-18-2006, 06:58 PM
those fenders are good. they could be shaved of the bottom a little but the bend on top is good. Both R's look good.

J_bob_28
02-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by backyardusa
no sorry no frames. j bob 28 what dont you like about the rear plastics? the stickers? the fade of them? let me know. thats why i put it up so i can find out what other pople think of it.

idk what i dont like about them.....i just think there is nuthin better than the regular 250R plastics...maybe its just me... but either way that quad is still kick ***

backyardusa
02-24-2006, 10:00 AM
thanks for all the feedback loking for a new / used set of rear plastics.

Pro1200
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Get somenew fenders,both front and rears. Fronts look cut to much. Rears don't look good low cut. Also get a set of Tag T2's and some new handguards. Other than that got sum nice mods.

tazman7
02-24-2006, 10:58 AM
sweet looking r. Just wondering how you like those irazr's? I am thining about ordering a set but I want to make sure they will slide around corners enough.

How much are you looking to get for the quad?

backyardusa
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
the tires are great but do stick a lot better then other tires ive used before. i have someone coming tonight for 8000.00 but not sure if i want to sell.

450RGNCC
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I think those rear fenders are ATC250r fenders.

Mean250r
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
8000? holy **** bro, if u dont want to sell it send em to NJ!!!!

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Great lookin 250r ya got there. The only thing I would change is the plastics, and I would do something with the bolts, and few small parts that are starting to rust. The rust no matter how little of it there is just looks bad on a quad that nice.

Tom TRX250R
02-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I agree about the rear fenders, I don't like those low style Maier's, just doesn't look good. I am really anal with my quad when it comes to detail so like Fontmaster said I would replace the rusty bolts in the swingarm and where ever else they are. When I look at quads that are nice and see things like that it looks like there was corners cut when rebuilding it. And I think if they cut corners on the bolts it makes me assume that they did the same through the rest of the bike. Overall if you would fix those couple things I think it is a sweet R.

DezSled
02-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice bike, for the rust try 'ACF-50'. Its better than WD-40, and kind of soaks into the metal surface for longer lasting protection. I ran a beach race (two years in a row at pismo) w/ a bare chrome moly frame. Washed the bike and only where I missed spots was there any surface rust. Then I retreated the bike an the rust didn't affect the metal at all still. Bike still looks like new .The stuff is advertised to get underneath the rust too. Aircraft/aviation preservative. I would swear by it.

backyards_86
02-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R
I agree about the rear fenders, I don't like those low style Maier's, just doesn't look good. I am really anal with my quad when it comes to detail so like Fontmaster said I would replace the rusty bolts in the swingarm and where ever else they are. When I look at quads that are nice and see things like that it looks like there was corners cut when rebuilding it. And I think if they cut corners on the bolts it makes me assume that they did the same through the rest of the bike. Overall if you would fix those couple things I think it is a sweet R.

i personally watched backyardusa build both those bikes, and i can vouch that no corners were cut on the building of either of these bikes.. both R's are sick.. I also am not a big fan of the rear plastics on the black R.. but constructive criticism is what this thread is all about..

bud14
02-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I can vouch both of these bikes are being biult with out cuting corners. i've know backyarduse for about 5 months now and if any one gets any of those bikes you are surely getting a great bike. The 50 runs great by the way David thanks,

Adam

willow2679
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Lovely quad but Im with the others that donīt like the shape of the rear F. the stocker shapes is better to me but is a sick ride keep it!!

backyards_86
02-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by bud14
I can vouch both of these bikes are being biult with out cuting corners. i've know backyarduse for about 5 months now and if any one gets any of those bikes you are surely getting a great bike. The 50 runs great by the way David thanks,

Adam

that was a sick *** 50!!

blackie is still for sale tell your friends!

Tom TRX250R
02-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm not by any means saying he cut corners when rebuilding it, I'm just saying when I see nice quads for sale with little things like that wrong with it, that is what most people assume.

tazman7
03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I personally think $8000 is way to much for that quad- its a very nice quad, dont get me wrong. But I am picking one up next week that is just as nice as that for $4500- basically the same mods too...

Good luck on your sale- If you get $8000 thats great, but I wouldnt pay that.

backyardusa
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
you are getting back east in a hick town where they are dime a dozen they are not so big out here in the ca life style so i can get more my last one was not half of this one and i sold it for 6200.00 and thes one is walsh roll and axis it dont get better then that.

tazman7
03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Back east hick town? Ok so the Chicagoland area is a hick town? Yeah ok....obviously you have never been to the suburbs of Chicago...

Just like I said, I think that is way to much- but if you get that, great.

The one I am getting has elka, lonestar, houser....cheap stuff huh? Maybe cheap for california...:rolleyes:

backyardusa
03-01-2006, 01:53 PM
The one I am getting has elka, lonestar, houser....cheap stuff huh? Maybe cheap for california...

elka is great but who wants to go through the pain of sending them back to elka in canada for rebuild or revalve.

lonestar is great to for axels and carriers.

houser :D it not roll or walsh
sorry houser sucks my best friend spent 3 weeks f up bad becouse there arm snaped off on him. they said bummer

the back east hick town was rude but there is way more quad sh*t out there then in ca and every thing in ca is more.

i get to try new parts all the time my family owns orange county honda so i get hook up all the time. so i run what i like after i ve try it out.

the bike you are getting is all new this one is a new rebuild every thing is new but the front end arms nate at walsh helped me out and motor ran great w/ the 265 in so i left alone. it has like 3 rides on it. new berrings,bushings,p/c,paint,carbon,ect.

86-250Rnut
03-01-2006, 05:56 PM
i think a nice Chrome pipe would make her look better. and get some polish on them back fenders and she will look like a nice new ferrari!!!
it looks very very nice. 1 of the nicest i have seen so far!!!
Mitch:macho

backyards_86
03-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
I personally think $8000 is way to much for that quad- its a very nice quad, dont get me wrong. But I am picking one up next week that is just as nice as that for $4500- basically the same mods too...

Good luck on your sale- If you get $8000 thats great, but I wouldnt pay that.

well thats nice of you to come on here and let everyone know "WHAT YOU THINK IS TOO MUCH" for the bike.. but backyardusa has a point.. in CA. things resale for a bit more.. but then to come on here and not only BASH his price .. but to flont that you found a bike with what you think has as good of parts is just not right.. this thread was created to get comentary on the bike,. not what you thought it was worth..

tazman7
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by backyards_86
well thats nice of you to come on here and let everyone know "WHAT YOU THINK IS TOO MUCH" for the bike.. but backyardusa has a point.. in CA. things resale for a bit more.. but then to come on here and not only BASH his price .. but to flont that you found a bike with what you think has as good of parts is just not right.. this thread was created to get comentary on the bike,. not what you thought it was worth..

Ok, read back a page or two. I said that I thought it was a nice looking quad, which I do. I was just giving my opinion on what I thought about his asking price. I dont feel that I was being rude by any means. Hence me saying" I think that price is a bit high but if you get that for it, thats great" Now if I would have said "thats way to much for that bike its not worth that", then I could see where your coming from. But with what I said I dont think you can tell me that I said anything bad.

And again, nice looking quad- maybe in "rich California" you can get that for it, but you would get laughed out of hick ville...:mad:

bud14
03-01-2006, 09:07 PM
wow wow guys calm down a bit. out here in cali you can sale full race quads for alot more then back east because there is alot more money and people will almost pay anything for a 250r or and 2 stroke quad in cali jsut to make it a drag bike for glamis or something. so 8,000 is a still for this bike.

tazman7
03-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bud14
wow wow guys calm down a bit. out here in cali you can sale full race quads for alot more then back east because there is alot more money and people will almost pay anything for a 250r or and 2 stroke quad in cali jsut to make it a drag bike for glamis or something. so 8,000 is a still for this bike.

Thats all fine and dandy- I just dont feel that I said anything wrong. If he doesnt want peoples comments then dont ask. just my .02

good luck with your sale.

backyards_86
03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by tazman7
Thats all fine and dandy- I just dont feel that I said anything wrong. If he doesnt want peoples comments then dont ask. just my .02

good luck with your sale.

well since ur just voicing your opinion.. thats all that i am doing.. i wasnt even the one askin for the comments.. it was backyardusa.. if you dont feel that you said anything wrong.. that is fine.. i also feel the same that the opinion i expressed was not wrong aswell.. so like bud 14 said " out here in cali you can sale full race quads for alot more then back east because there is alot more money and people will almost pay anything for a 250r or and 2 stroke quad in cali jsut to make it a drag bike for glamis or something. so 8,000 is a still for this bike."

so the fact remains that the bike is well worth and should be sold for around the 8000.00 dollar factor.. im not here to pick a fight or get anyone fired up.. im just stating my opinion like everyone else..

so no hard feelings.. hopefully on his side either..?..

bud14
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
ok so any ways. back to the bike. very sick bike. i want to see in maybe next monday if i can swing it ill drop by and take a look at it if its cool with backyardusa.

DezSled
03-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey that is a really nice 250R, looks very raceable. Any chance that it went to the adelanto gp this past weekend?

bud14
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
hey david i was looking on the 2nd 250r you are building on the front shocks it looks like they are back words shouldent the left shock be on the right and right on the left and the resavor towards the back? jsut wondering

backyardusa
03-01-2006, 09:54 PM
tazman7 like i said i was rude in one of my posts. sorry it kill me is when someone says if they think if the bike is worth it or not becouse it could make someone rethink the deal. i dont have to sell the bike i have three others as well i like building them rideing them 2 or 3 times and offing it for a new project. as far as parts i use parts that are proven to be some of the best and what i can get hooked up or can use my dealer hook up. just wanted to see what people think about the bike. sorry

DezSled thanks and no i not been out in 2 weeks.

bud14 swing by or give me a call.

backyardusa
03-01-2006, 09:56 PM
bud14 had to they hit the rad scoops. 06 450r shocks