PDA

View Full Version : Got my new goodies on the 400 but someting weird happened????!!

400exBro
07-16-2002, 04:04 PM
i put my new clutch lever and perch on with a blue nacs p- brake block off,.. I played around with the adjustments on the perch and down near the clutch itself (lower side under the headers) because i had to turn out the aof wheel all the way before it would work properly(engage and disengae) ,,,after i had adjusted i took it out for a test drive and see if it was adjusted properly ( i left some play in the lever to insure that it was disengaing and enging properly) and to find out that the mofo was just spining tries like carzy, i lay the hammer down the corners and it breaks out into wheel spin just like a freaking cr250 coming around a corner..... i am thinking that it is still not properly adjusted and not engaging (plates coming together so power can get transfered to the ground), i have no clue and i don't want to burn out my clutch and other parts of its componets, i really don't want to ride till i hear what you guys say ??????????????

also how do you know if your clutch is properly adjusted?????? some kind of play in the cable or sumthing????

BTW i got an easy pull and it is a lot better than stocker, but the one thing is the stupid by pass switch,i didn't connect it so someone else doesn't mess up the tranny on the 400 when trying to start in gear with out the clutch pulled in, should i connect it for racing or just leave it the way it is????????
heres a pic

lata
Bro

400exBro
07-16-2002, 04:10 PM
**** man it won't let me put the feaking pic on it 's pissing me off hardcore i am going to throw my pos computer of of this fuding window soon

sorry mods i have to steam off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its been a treble day......
Bro

NJ300ex
07-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
**** man it won't let me put the feaking pic on it 's pissing me off hardcore i am going to throw my pos computer of of this fuding window soon

sorry mods i have to steam off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its been a treble day......
Bro

Throw it! Throw it! Throw it!

You are suppose to have 1/8 of an inch of freeplay at the lever. I don't think any free play at the case part. I'm not sure, one of my friends set it up for me.

CranMan
07-16-2002, 04:41 PM
Bro..you spinning your tires has nothing to do with your clutch adjustment. The worst thing you could to is have it too tight where it's slipping. If it's too loose it'll be hard to shift, and maybe grind a gear when shifting. Just get the slack adjusted so that the lever pulls about 1/8 in before the cable gets tight. It does not really matter if you adjust the slack out at the lever, or at the other end, but you want to adjust the lower end first so if it gets too slack while riding you can adjust it on the track/trail without needing tools...

Pappy
07-16-2002, 05:27 PM
hey....you get your socks dry yet?:D

400exBro
07-16-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 400ex127
hey....you get your socks dry yet?:D

who me??? if so what are you talkin about i remember saying sumthing like that but can't remember what the post was all about......

anyways thanks for help, i guess it was the loses lommay sand i was at, i feel a lot better and going to give **** this weekend at the track......
i'll get pics if i can get them to post on here!!!!\
Bro

Pappy
07-16-2002, 08:19 PM
yep...just tryin to cheer ya up...u said you were havin a bad day!!