PDA

View Full Version : Racing?? some help guys??

07-16-2002, 03:43 PM
I'll be racing soon In MX my quad is set up for it and everything..I just need some help on somthing what gear should I be in while going through whoops and into i would say 35 to 40 foot doubles could you tell me about what gear to do them 2 things these tracks I am racing are tight and not like big open normal tracks...they are fair tracks.....thanks for your help

Pappy
07-16-2002, 03:45 PM
hey...welcome....post some info on the quad...that would help. most likely you will use 2nd...3rd...and 4th

07-16-2002, 04:05 PM
ok heres what I have I use to have a diffrent name for exriders but forgot it over time I moved to ohio and had to change it or somthing :D

440ex wisco kit
edlebrock carb
ct web cam
k&N filter
fmf powerbong
fmf power core
hinson clutch basket
benett clutch kit
lone star + 2 a arms with works perf trips with rezzys
lone star swing arm +2
durablue axle 2+2
douglas bead locks on hole shots
arens steering stem
denton steering stabilizer
Nacs seat latch and more...painted frame red ect...

alot of racing stuff its just I have never raced just flew around in sand pits hit BIG jumps but never have been confined to small run ways and a consistant pattern of whoops and jumps

Troy86250r
07-16-2002, 04:18 PM
It depends on the size of the jumps what gear to use. The other day I was jumping a 45ft table top in 3rd gear, and a 30-35 ft triple in 4th pinned. Maybe post some pics of the jumps if you have any.

Nausty
07-16-2002, 05:04 PM
yah a lot of is just the way the jump launches you most jumps for around 30-40ft I hit in 3rd usually but on whoops i'm usually in 2nd but it depends on how deep and how far apart they are.

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 05:14 PM
I just hit it in what ever gear im in and hope i make it:D....lol

Usualy 3rd or 4th