PDA

View Full Version : GLAMIS Night Races @ Olds. - Sat July 20

monkeynuts
07-16-2002, 02:37 PM
hey anyone out here going to the night races at Glamis this saturday. it is held at oldsmobile hill, and i guess last year there were about 150 - 200 people out there. they are even going to bring out light towers for people who don't have lights on their bike. sounds like fun.

here is a link to a bb where they are talking about it...

http://www.glamisdunes.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000571

oldnumberseven
07-19-2002, 03:17 PM
I'll be there with one of our Raptors.:D

oldnumberseven
07-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Monkeynuts....Did you make it out? That was a killer trip!!!!!! We stayed at Olds till about 1 AM then went down to China Wall and spent the night there.....Did not take out the Raptor....took our RockCrawler out (Big White Jeep)

own2424
07-22-2002, 01:58 PM
Hey, I was there!! It was AWESOME. That's the first time ive seen those CRAZY quads. I dont ever see that stuff much in NJ, but it was a blast. Those things just SHOOT right up the hill. Oldnumber7, I dont think I saw a white jeep, maybe i did but i dont remember. I was there with my banshee...red/black plastics and stock pipes. I think we were there from 930 til Midnight or something like that. I was with a BUNCH of yellow 400ex's. It was fun, I got to see a ton of nice quads...I took some pics but ill have them up after i get home.....:D

monkeynuts
07-23-2002, 10:03 AM
yeah i was there... there were a ton of people out there. i stayed off to the left side of the year with the les intimidating bikes, i'd be halfway up the hill by the time those bansees are at the top. anybody see that guy without the helmet throw himself over the bars and run himself over. anybody know if he was ok???

own2424
07-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Yea, I saw that guy get thrown off his quad. I'm guessing he was okay because he had to energy to ride his quad back down the hill. I think I might have seen your 250r ther Monkeynuts. I was towards the left side with the "normal" quads too. Were you by that Cannondale or the group of Raptors? This was my first time seeing all these drag quads. I was just amazed at how fast they SHOOT up the hill. :D

oldnumberseven
07-23-2002, 10:07 PM
Hey Monkeynuts, I saw you while you were unloading....were'nt you with a banshee? I was in that white jeep at the vendor flats. I also watched that dude get tossed, I think he was pretty stunned.....he did not run the hill anymore...dumbass was not wearing a helmet either. I was sitting under the lights taking photos most of the night. That guy on the cr500 atc was super fast......he had a sweet banshee also. I am planning a night ride as soon as I get my machine back together.......we should hook up.

Hey own2424 I don't remember seeing you or any yellow 400's either. How did you make it out here from NJ?

Chris

oldnumberseven
07-23-2002, 10:09 PM
:D

oldnumberseven
07-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Here is the jeep we were in!

own2424
07-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Oh He!! Yea that CR500 engine stuffed into that ATC was FAST! I saw your Jeep, but I didnt see who was inside. I was taking pics too, I was wearing red ONEAL Pants...maybe you saw me? I havent got the pics developed yet, But ill be sure to post them when i scan them....:D

own2424
07-23-2002, 10:34 PM
I flew out here and I shipped my banshee down here. You probly didnt see us cuz we were towards the left. I was with a group of 400ex's, one 250r, and one Tecate4. They are cool poeple, they let me camp with them....I had alot of FUN!

I thought it was insane that they sand draggers were shooting up the hills with NO HELMETS!

oldnumberseven
07-23-2002, 10:40 PM
You should come back out for Thanksgiving.....camp with us. I hate seeing people ride without helmets.....esspecially when they are doing 90+mph up a whooped out hill......stupid!

own2424
07-23-2002, 10:47 PM
I cant come back out during thanksgiving, but im coming back down here during my Christmas/New Years break. I go to High School, So there is NO way i can make it out here during Thanksgiving...

:D :D :D

oldnumberseven
07-23-2002, 11:12 PM
That's cool, I go about twice a month during the on season. You are welcome to ride and party with us whenever you're out here. Just shout at me before you head out and I'll keep an eye out for ya.

monkeynuts
07-24-2002, 08:14 AM
oldnumberseven, yeah that was me unloading at the vendor flats, i saw your jeep. i wanna do some night riding, most of my friends either have cr's with no lights or they are just lazy and wont get off their asses. let me know, hopefully in the beginning of august i will have saved up enough money for this HID lighting system that i have been planning on getting from ricky stator (an ungodly amount of money, but i crash too much during the day, let alone at night when i can't see a d@mn thing).

also going up to pismo with some people august 16 - 18.

monkeynuts
07-24-2002, 08:18 AM
motorcycle with no helmet....

...sorry to disturb or offend anyone...but it makes you think twice...

own2424
07-24-2002, 12:18 PM
MonkeyNuts...Were you there with a Banshee or 250R? What Color?

monkeynuts
07-24-2002, 02:57 PM
i brought my 250r out, red frame, red race cut plastics. the guy with me was on a white and blue banshee. we just kind of stuck to ourselves, ran up the left side of the hill some...