PDA

View Full Version : Daytona!!!!!!!!!!

trick250r
02-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Thank god, with it being too cold to ride this winter, there's been nothing to do on sundays, untill now. LETS GO KENSETH!!

quads14589
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
were havin a party

coolex
02-17-2006, 07:28 PM
and im goin to a party:D

dodgeram14jr
02-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Go Stewart #20

bulkdriverlp
02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by dodgeram14jr
Go Stewart #20

Guy400
02-18-2006, 04:56 AM
I'm having a small party at my house to watch as well. The chitty part is my best friend is down there right now watching all the qualifiers, Busch races, truck races, etc. He and I both had tickets to go last spring and then I found out my wife was pregnant and her due date was like a week before the 500. I sold my ticket to another friend and then my wife winds up having a miscarriage a couple months later.

My cheering hierarchy goes Jr. -->Stewart -->Truex Jr. -->any Chevy except Jimmy Johnson.

How about Knaus getting tossed for cheating?

Formula 1 starts in about a month, anyone else watch that besides me?

MOFO
02-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Guy400

How about Knaus getting tossed for cheating?

ahhhh, he just got caught. Plenty of guys get away with things of this nature. :D

Myself, I'm a Hendricks fan... :cool:

Guy400
02-18-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
ahhhh, he just got caught. Plenty of guys get away with things of this nature. :D

Myself, I'm a Hendricks fan... :cool: I actually don't mind Gordon and Kyle (although he was driving like an idiot in the Bud Shootout). Johnson just seems like a whiny b!tch.

I agree all teams are very creative with rule interpretation and I'm for that to a point but installing a mechanical device to lift the rear glass is not working within the gray area of the rule book. It's been so long now so I can't remember who it was but someone in the mid-to-late 80's got busted for having hydraulic actuators on the rear truck lid. They could raise the trunk slightly in the turns for downforce and then suck the trunk way down for the straights. Needless to say they got a timeout for a race or two:D

MOFO
02-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I actually don't mind Gordon and Kyle (although he was driving like an idiot in the Bud Shootout). Johnson just seems like a whiny b!tch.

I agree all teams are very creative with rule interpretation and I'm for that to a point but installing a mechanical device to lift the rear glass is not working within the gray area of the rule book. It's been so long now so I can't remember who it was but someone in the mid-to-late 80's got busted for having hydraulic actuators on the rear truck lid. They could raise the trunk slightly in the turns for downforce and then suck the trunk way down for the straights. Needless to say they got a timeout for a race or two:D

I will agree, he did push the envelope of the "gray area".

PolarisRider
02-18-2006, 06:05 AM
go Stewart!!!

and Dave Blaney!!! dont laugh, my dad put a pool in for him(he owns a pool business) and i know him;)

ps-blaney will win a race eventually:D

quads14589
02-18-2006, 06:13 AM
onw of my dads firends brothers is a pit crew guy for tony stewart.

RaptorRacer45
02-18-2006, 09:46 AM
45 FOREVER!!!

GO KYLE AND BOBBY!......The Withdraw is Over!:D

HiperEX
02-18-2006, 10:54 AM
GO KENSETH

Bush0102
02-18-2006, 11:35 AM
48 and 5 are my boys...i cant wait for tomorrow. i already have tickets to talledega, atlanta, and charlotte (night race in october) for this year

quads14589
02-18-2006, 12:43 PM
i like jeff gordon

Bush0102
02-18-2006, 12:55 PM
to respond to a couple previous posts...

chad knaus is a badass. he's widely viewed as the best in the business (even though i hate earnhart with a burning passion, tony eury deserves some credit as well). Even though he gets in trouble alot, i can understand what he is doing. He is constantly looking for loopholes in tech rules to give Jimmie an advantage. Yeah sometimes he knowingly breaks rules, which i dont agree with and really should be considered cheating, and NASCAR is being good about keeping him in line. However, winning races nowadays is beyond pit strategy, and finding ways to gain advantages in car setup is a big part of a crew chief's job.

also, as for dave blaney....this guy makes me want to punch him every time i see an interview with him. I really dont see how he can act so cocky when he is such a terrible driver. maybe if he had some kind of sucess in his past i could understand, but the guy really needs to learn to drive before he starts talking bad about tony stewart, kyle busch, and carl edwards.

as for jeff, i'm a fan of his (even though i like busch and johnson better) but i did have to laugh at a funny joke on the radioat work yesterday.

Jeff Burton is on top of the pole this week, and Jeff Gordon and Michael Waltrip have both said they will try to be in that position all year.

haha

PolarisRider
02-18-2006, 01:05 PM
i think we got a huge nascar fan on our hands!!!^^^

to be honest i dont like nascar that much, but everyone in my family goes crazy for it:rolleyes:

quads > nascar ;)

RaptorRacer45
02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Im diehard Nascar 100% but Quads are defently up near the top 2......Its 1 or the other 24/7 in my Life:D

trick250r
02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
quads and nascar, the only sports i like. inow that the 500 is tom., i only have 5 weeks untill martinsville :D i cant believe its going on 6 years we've been going there. we used to go to rockingham untill they took the race away. :( what other races do you guys go to?

RaptorRacer45
02-18-2006, 04:39 PM
My dad has Season Tickets to Richmond so ill be at both of them....that probably it for this year then:D

knighttime
02-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
My dad has Season Tickets to Richmond so ill be at both of them....that probably it for this year then:D

woooohooooo, the race will be starting soon.

my picks

1. elliot sadler
2. smoke
3. dale jr.
4. Bobby Labonte
5. Kyle Petty ~ my sleeper pick to win it all

RaptorRacer45
02-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by knighttime

4. Bobby Labonte
5. Kyle Petty ~ my sleeper pick to win it all

Yeah Man thats what im talkin about!:macho

hondardr4life
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Lets go Dale Jr.!!!

nowukno
02-19-2006, 12:05 PM
My prediction for the 500......

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Burton
4. Michael Waltrip
5. Martin Truex Jr.

I think alot of the other top drivers like JR , Stewart , etc. Will have some problems or get involved in a crash.

trick250r
02-19-2006, 02:14 PM
man, roush has to be happier than hell right now

trick250r
02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
not anymore

MOFO
02-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Tony Stewart is an arse... :grr:

He needs a reality check!

WheelieMan4
02-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Tony Stewart is an arse... :grr:

He needs a reality check!

tell me about it, that really pissed me off...even if i wasnt a kenseth fan i still prlly would have been mad, and i dont even think that little bump from kenseth back to stewart was bad at all when steward purposely did it to kenseth..........:mad: :mad: :mad:

MOFO
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I'll say it again, Tony is an arse that is going to kill someone.

A big congrats to Jimmy Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports!!!! :D :D :D

RaptorRacer45
02-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Not a bad Race....even though both my guys were wrecked out, theres still a long season ahead.....i still think Newman could of had that if Casey Mears went w\ him:ermm:

trick250r
02-19-2006, 04:35 PM
you know, just when i start to think stewart is starting to grow up... :grr: all in all it wasnt a bad race. jr really needed someone to draft with though and i think thats one of the first people to do a polish victory lap since kulwicki :eek2: ive never seen anyone else do it

redlineranger
02-19-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll say it again, Tony is an arse that is going to kill someone.

A big congrats to Jimmy Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports!!!! :D :D :D

i agree with the tony stewart part..... a week ago he complained of aggressive bump drafting/driving, but he almost got matt kenseth killed today... tony stewart is a prick. i'm a dale jr. fan myself and dont like none of the hendricks, but they had us beat today. jimmie drove a smart race.

Loser450
02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I wish Tony woulda took Kenseth out. I hate that little *****.

RaptorRacer45
02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
you know, just when i start to think stewart is starting to grow up... :grr: all in all it wasnt a bad race. jr really needed someone to draft with though and i think thats one of the first people to do a polish victory lap since kulwicki :eek2: ive never seen anyone else do it

U must not watch many Races......almost every winnder does that anymore, just not usually at the big tracks:D

trick250r
02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
U must not watch many Races......almost every winnder does that anymore, just not usually at the big tracks:D

the polish victory lap (taking a lap backwards)? not in the past couple of years, maybe a couple of winners here and there, but not very often

Guy400
02-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm a Stewart fan but he was a crybaby today. Earlier in the week he talks about people possibly getting killed because of aggressive driving and then he goes and does the same kind of stuff.

Junior had no help today and his motor was down on HP.

Bush0102
02-19-2006, 07:14 PM
man it was nice to watch that race with a room full of earnhart fans! This is a great way for JJ to start the season after he struggled in the chase.

my boy Kyle Busch put on an impressive show as well. I really believe he'll be a chase contender this year.

and vickers ALMOST had it...its only a matter of time until he gets that first win.

All in all, it was a great day for Hendrick fans!

DaleJrFan
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Trick250, have you been paying attention or just getting on a bandwagon? There has been several times over the last couple of years that drivers have done the Polish victory lap.

JJ was at the front all day so its not like he pulled this one out his ***(even though the car he was driving should have been impounded), but congrats to him, at least it was another Chevy in victory lane this year at the 500.